Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water leak…Boot and Back Carpets

MarkMc1

Hi there has anyone on this had issues with water leaks in their fiesta (2009 MK7) and know the area that the water is coming in?
My boot is soaking on each side and also my back carpets are soaked right through …I’ve watched a few videos on YouTube but none seem to show the area that the water is entering through… my rear driver side light also fills with water so thinking it could be related to the other leaks… Any tips or help would be appreciated😎👍🏼

never had or worked on a mk7 but over the years the common places i have found for this sort of an issue have been back light seals and rear door seals. first thing i would do is inspect the door seals look for any kinks or splits anywhere. if you run your finger over the seal you can normally feel any damaged area's. next thing i would do is check the back lights are done up tight (not too tight that your going to damage them though) if they feel loose take them off clean the seals and dry them and then put them back on. from that point on if you don't find the issue its time to dig deeper and hope someone knows more about the mk7 than i do.

Thanks mate👍🏼 My cars only a 3 door so that rules out any rear door issues…We’ve also tried using a clear sealant around the top area of the boot(above the back lights)when opened and water is still getting into the lights and boot.

Common area is the joint either side of the tailgate hinges where the roof, rear quarter and tailgate opening panels all meet.

24 minutes ago, Aldridge Andy said:

Common area is the joint either side of the tailgate hinges where the roof, rear quarter and tailgate opening panels all meet.

That’s the area we put the clear sealant on… we’ve also had the rear bumper off and covered the air vents with tape and sealant to stop any spray coming up and in from water on the road🤷🏼‍♂️

Not familiar with the Fiesta mk7. I had the same problem with my Focus.Take the light off and use silicone sealant on the rubber light gasket,bearing in mind that if a light bulb blows the sealant will have to be cut all the way round to release the light.The second option is to use silicone paste on the gasket.This can work if the light is secured tightly.Easier to remove if a bulb needs to be replaced but can be a messy job if your not careful.Always a good idea to use gloves.The water ingress is probably coming through the air vents at the bottom of the boot.Carpet on the sides will have to come up.It’s a process of elimination unfortunately. If it’s not the lights then obviously you’re going to have to look elsewhere 👍

• 1 year later...

I've got the exact same issue. 3dr mk7 fiesta. water running down both sides of the boot (underneath the carpet, had to pull it up) and in the passenger footwells. Had to chuck my boot carpet away as was covered in mould! Good thing ford don't make boats!

I've had the lights taken out and rebonded but still seem to be getting water ingress. All garages I've called can't help or don't want to know!

Feeling at my wits end, it may be worth calling up ford directly perhaps? 

8 hours ago, leakyFiestaOwner said:

it may be worth calling up ford directly perhaps? 

From my experience if you've an old ford is they not bothered!

Check to rubber boot seal joint, it might be badly corroded, water getting in there.

You need to strip out the rear of the car, you sit inside the boot, hatch closed then get a friend to keep hosing the back of the car down, you looking for water.

• 5 months later...

Hi I have a leak in my boot but only seam to be when I drive when road is wet, I’ve noticed that the wheel arch liner looks damaged could this be where it’s coming in tia 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club