Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flashing Red [i] light on dash

Briggers

Hello all,

I have a 2018 mk3 focus, i noticed today through the window while the ignition was off and all locked up that the [i] info light by the fuel/temp gauge was flashing red.
I got inside and turned on the car and theres no sign of it, i checked messages and there isnt any.
A quick google and some say its just saying that the alarm and immobiliser are active, is it simply that? Ive had the car since last May and ive never noticed it before.

Thanks

Some people are right, it is indeed linked to the cars security system.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Briggers said:

Thank you
Weird ive never noticed it before 🙂

You would be surprised what people don't notice lol. Things like the armrest on some cars slide forward, and the sun visors flip 90° to cover the side windows. Loads of little things people don't see 👍

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

You would be surprised what people don't notice lol. Things like the armrest on some cars slide forward, and the sun visors flip 90° to cover the side windows. Loads of little things people don't see 👍

Both a friend and work colleague had a Mk2.5 Focus like me at the time, I didn't know about the sliding arm rest until my friend used his,
My work colleague had not idea the rear seats pull up to fold the backs flat until I helped him load something, full of his grandkids crap under there 🤣

14 minutes ago, RAIDER32 said:

Both a friend and work colleague had a Mk2.5 Focus like me at the time, I didn't know about the sliding arm rest until my friend used his,
My work colleague had not idea the rear seats pull up to fold the backs flat until I helped him load something, full of his grandkids crap under there 🤣

Every day's a school day lol 

21 hours ago, unofix said:

Glad you don't have to take a test to prove you read and learned all that before you can drive it

On 1/11/2022 at 9:53 PM, unofix said:

Yeah already have the manual and already looked, wasnt in there.
"It illuminates when a new message is stored in the information display. The indicator is red or amber depending on the severity of the condition and it remains on until the condition is resolved."
Doesnt say anything about flashing red when the ignition is off. 🙄

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello, can i ask if you got to the bottom of this? The red i is flashing on my car when locked and I agree that this is different to the usual red dot flashing for alarm/immobiliser on. 

4 hours ago, Jojols said:

this is different to the usual red dot flashing for alarm/immobiliser on. 

When you say "usual", are you saying that you have a red dot that flashes somewhere which is NOT the red information light?

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 7:13 AM, Jojols said:

Hello, can i ask if you got to the bottom of this? The red i is flashing on my car when locked and I agree that this is different to the usual red dot flashing for alarm/immobiliser on. 

Specific page here that will leave you non the wiser

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?variantid=4409&languageCode=EN&countryCode=USA&Uid=G1688485&ProcUid=G1688486&userMarket=GBR&div=f&vCode=&vFilteringEnabled=False&buildtype=web

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club