Do Not Sell My Personal Information

help needed by all uk drivers

billybob66

admin, please remove if this is not allowed.

ok so here is where your help is needed, here in Manchester our wonderful mayor and 10 council leaders have taken it upon themselves to bring in a clean air tax for driving in Manchester. This is not like the one in London that's 15sq miles or the one in Birmingham that's 6sq miles, this one is a small 483sq miles. This is every street and road within greater Manchester.

All i ask is that if you have Facebook, go on and find RETHINK the clean air zone - greater Manchester and join the page to increase the follower numbers that at the moment stands at 60,000.

Plus if you could sign this petition to try and get it looked into , petition here

please if you could help it could stop it being rolled out across the uk and that is the big plan, so why help out?

HGV's £60.00 per day to enter Manchester

euro 5 vans and any van below euro6,  £10.00 per day

camper vans £10.00 per day

cars at the moment 0, but if this is allowed to get up and running £10.00 per day

so please if you could join the group or sign the petition it would be a great help to us all.

cheers all billybob

• Sad 1

Hi billybob,

I've been reading about it living in Manchester myself.

The original proposal was put forward and voted against but he has sneaked this in and it comes into effect very soon.

We have all signed both petitions including the one for Parliament.

Hope they can at least get the massive area cut down to the city centre.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, billybob66 said:

ok so here is where your help is needed, here in Manchester our wonderful mayor and 10 council leaders have taken it upon themselves to bring in a clean air tax for driving in Manchester.

It blows my mind that every time I see Manchester folk on TV they speak as if Andy Burnham is the next messiah! As the saying goes, the only thing that makes evil men succeed is for good people to do nothing. Have signed the petition in the hope that the Muppetts that run my area don't get stupid ideas...

• Like 3

I think the people you are seeing from Manchester on tv are hand picked. I've never been a fan of him and it makes me wonder how he got to be mayor but he must have some influential friends somewhere.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ColW said:

... it makes me wonder how he got to be mayor .....

He got more votes than anyone else - that's how.

9 hours ago, alanfp said:

He got more votes than anyone else - that's how.

As perfectly illustrated by the occupant of No.10, number of votes does not equate to intellectual competence 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have a thread to discuss covid, lets keep this about the clean air taxes on cars as per OP 🙂

It's not a blanket charge on ALL HGVs they are only charged if the met 2 criteria

You own an N2 or N3 category vehicle – e.g. an articulated or rigid HGV, flatbed lorry, two-axle lorry, motorcaravan with an HGV tax classification (over 3.5t) or motorised horsebox (over 3.5t).

AND

It has a Euro V or earlier diesel engine (typically registered before 2013).

The same sort of criteria in all vehicle classes, for vans up to 3.5t

• It has a Euro 5 or earlier diesel engine (typically registered before 2016).

• OR

• It has a Euro 3 or earlier petrol engine (typically registered before 2005).

So if a transit sized van is petrol and under 17 years old ( a 54 plate) there is no charge.

The Salford based company I worked for, never kept any of it's fleet of HGV older than 10 years, so they might just have to pay for the very oldest odd vehicle in the fleet, (they'd probably either take up some of the government money offered to help replace older HGVs or swap it out to a branch that don't cover GM. )

Just in case anyone is interested, and needs directing to the 'covid' thread, here ya go... 😁

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club