Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 1 OEM Camera with aftermarket head unit (MK3)

Leemc

Firstly apologies I'm sure this has been asked / answered a few times however I am unable to find an answer.

I have a 2013 MK3 Titanium X that came with GPS, Reverse cam etc as standard, I have recently installed a after market head unit and everything is working great as I bough Fakra adapters for the built in GPS and DAB antenna.

The part I am struggling with is the OEM reverse camera, These seem to use a Fakra HSD cable (4Pins) and the head unit I have only has a RCA input for the video feed. Has anyone come across any converters or modifications to allow this to be used with a NTSC RCA input?

I have spent hours looking but I'm afraid I may just be out of luck and may require a 3rd party camera to be installed.

Oem Sync Modules And Display Fakra Hsd Cable Assembly 10cm For Ford - Buy  Oem Sync Modules And Display Fakra Hsd Cable Assembly 10cm For Ford,Hsd  5001 Hsd Automotive Hsd Shipping Method

Appreciate any help.

Regards,

Lee

The required male Rosenberger (Fakra) HSD --> male RCA adapter cables are extremely hard to find.

The required adapter cable however can easily be build using the following components:

1: Male Rosenberger/Fakra HSD connector. The color can either be Leaf Green (like the original connector) or Water Blue (Universal). The correct connectors are easily available from eBay, Aliexpress, etc.
2: A generic RCA cable.

Just cut the generic RCA cable to the desired length and solder the Rosenberger HSD connector onto the RCA cable according to the following pinout:

xfqrT2Z.thumb.jpg.6a5cc166efdb2de4b51618 

Pin 2 (Signal +) of the Rosenberger / Fakra HSD connector needs to be connected to the Signal + (center pin) of the RCA connector.
Pin 4 (Signal Ground) of the Rosenberger / Fakra HSD connector needs to be connected to the Signal Ground (outer ring) of the RCA connector.
Pin 1 and 3 of the Rosenberger / Fakra HSD connector are not used.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Hi Leemc I am having the exact same issue. I have a 2013 Focus ST, here is Australia there was only 1 equipment level. I think it's like an ST2? It's a Sony Sync 1 head unit which I've not seen shown in any advertisements when searching for head unit upgrades. There is a total of 5 Fakra connections, 2 antennas (the new unit only comes with 1 input?), and 3 Fakra connections (Pink, Black and Blue) on the display. I didn't think to look into the connectors when I had the unit out, I figured it just wouldn't work. How did you go with your upgrade? Any advice? Which unit did you get?

Thanks very much to JW1982! for the HSD Fakra explanation, it makes perfect sense! 

Any tips, hints or tricks with this upgrade would be very much appreciated! Stay well!

10 hours ago, DNS-DNS said:

How did you go with your upgrade? Any advice? Which unit did you get?

Untitled.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club