Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Road Noise

Icebun

I am currently a Golf 7 driver looking to move to either a Puma (or Focus Active) after 20 years with VW.

Can anyone possibly comment on how refined (or not) the Puma is?

I do a lot of motorway driving and would love to know how much tyre roar the Puma generates.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Icebun said:

I do a lot of motorway driving and would love to know how much tyre roar the Puma generates.

I don't have a Puma but I have always found that Tyre noise depends on the make of Tyres fitted and road surface rather than the car.

I do have a Focus Titanium, not Active, and it is refined enough on the factory fitted Michelin's, although some of the other models in the range are fitted with different tyres.

Well if your thinking of buying a brand new Puma, apparently they now come with 'economy tyres' since they only have 5mm of tread on them.

On the plus side it does mean they have to be changed so much sooner, so you get to choose your own new tyres 🤔

Which model Mk7 do you have?  I have a Focus Active that I'd gladly swap for a Mk7 in the correct spec.

My 2022 puma st-line x has just over 5mm tread on with 18” Continental , bit of a con I think . Apparently compound is different and should last the same amount of time….will have to see on that one.

If going for a titanium model with 17” on , my colleague got the full 8mm tread ! Different make but huge tread.

comfort wise very good , similar road noise to my old Astra with 18’ on.

I went for a puma as something different , not as many around as focus’s .

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club