Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Potential credit card fraud

RMurphy195

I keep a regular, almost daily check online on my credit card account. Today I found 2 pending transactions, one for a transfer, and one for an amazon Prime fee. These are for 0 amounts which are in practice someone validating the credit card number. I don't transfer out of my credit card account, and I don't do amazon. So I've had my credit card blocked. Maybe it might be prudent to check yours?

• Like 1

Had similar problem last year. The credit card company sent me a text asking me to verify a $20 purchase on amazon and about 30 minutes later a $800 purchase on amazon. Fortunately Mastercard requested a confirmation from me which of course I rejected.

Had to cancel the card and get a new number

• 4 weeks later...

A few years ago I had an automated credit card call which was very hard to hear but I thought I heard it say Uber . I have never used Uber so I checked my account and there were a load of debits for Uber taxis in uk, mobile phone top ups in uk and trains in Southern Ireland.   I got them all reversed but no idea how this occurred. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club