Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is LX really supposed to mean luxury trim?

AntonovAN12

17 hours ago, Focus_ said:

And you had "style" in between LX and Sport. It gave you fake plastic alloy-style wheel trims and a body coloured front grille surround 

As far as I knew, the Style replaced the LX around 2007.

3 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Don’t forget the Zetec Climate on the MK2! Because Zetec randomly deleted the AC which was standard on LX and Sport, so you had to option the Climate pack to get it back and the Quickclear. I’m sure the Fiesta also had a Style Climate and Style+ trims?

I arranged to go and look at a Zetec that I didn't realise was without AC. I had booked tickets to go on the train to see it, then asked the seller if the AC worked. That is when I found out that it didn't have AC. Luckily I found out before travelling to see it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AntonovAN12 said:

...That is when I found out that it didn't have AC. Luckily I found out before travelling to see it.

No A/C is a deal breaker for me too, and, it has to be working. (It 'just' needs a re gas, is never true!!)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AntonovAN12 said:

As far as I knew, the Style replaced the LX around 2007.

I arranged to go and look at a Zetec that I didn't realise was without AC. I had booked tickets to go on the train to see it, then asked the seller if the AC worked. That is when I found out that it didn't have AC. Luckily I found out before travelling to see it.

That explains why I've never seen a style older than 2007 then! Although my LX is an 08 reg, so must have hung around for a while.

Very odd that they made Zetecs without air conditioning, it was supposed to be standard from LX onwards

51 minutes ago, Focus_ said:

That explains why I've never seen a style older than 2007 then! Although my LX is an 08 reg, so must have hung around for a while.

Very odd that they made Zetecs without air conditioning, it was supposed to be standard from LX onwards

I have two original Ford brochures dated April 2005 and May 2007. I bought them on eBay for a few quid when I was first looking at buying my Mk2, as I find it much easier to have the details on paper.

In the May 2007 brochure, the Sport and Zetec without climate pack are no longer listed. Style has replaced LX, but Studio is still the very lowest level. Disregard my earlier post that Style replaced Studio.

There don't seem to be many no A/C Zetecs out there. I could only find one on Auto Trader, out of 357 2005-2007 Focus using the model variant option. Look closely at the interior photo and there is a plastic plug where the AC button should be.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202202212787988

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AntonovAN12 said:

I have two original Ford brochures dated April 2005 and May 2007. I bought them on ebay for a few quid when I was first looking at buying my Mk2, as I find it much easier to have the details on paper.

In the May 2007 brochure, the Sport and Zetec without climate pack are no longer listed. Style has replaced LX, but Studio is still the very lowest level. Disregard my earlier post that Style replaced Studio.

There don't seem to be many no A/C Zetecs out there. I could only find one on Auto Trader, out of 357 2005-2007 Focus using the model variant option. Look closely at the interior photo and there is a plastic plug where the AC button should be.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202202212787988

You were right, you said Style replaced LX.

It seems odd that a lack of air con higher up the hierarchy is even possible!

And yes I see what you mean about that silver Focus

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club