Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost - Knocking/Rattle Sound at low revs/Idle

SE77EN

Hi all,

As above I have Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost that has rattle/knocking that is getting more common. only happens (or at least I can only hear it) at low revs, like slowing down at the lights or when idle. I have made a YouTube video with the sound and I'm hoping someone recognises the noise. Forgot to say in the video that I have had all spark plugs changed, engine oil, oil filter and air filter changed in the last month. I have searched YouTube and cannot find another video that has the same noise. I'd really appreciate the assistance.

Thank you

Sounds like the early stages of 'big end' knock.

You need to drop the oil sump, check the oil pick-up for being blocked. I would say this will get much worse in the next 1000 miles if this is the big ends.

Hi,

thanks for the reply. Something else I forgot to mention. This has been happening for almost a year. Doesn’t sound like it’s getting any worse or louder, just more common.

What was the issue, might be useful if someone else has a similar problem? 🤔

He asks for help then says problem solved and doesn't even say what he did or how he did. 

What's the point. 🙄

• 1 year later...

So what was the issue? I have a knocking on my own 1.0 ecoboost  that comes at idle but vanishes at around 1k rpm. Not sure if this is just oil pressure being inadequate to pressurise the valve train at low revs but it doesnt seem to vbe coming from the valves. More like a from a round metal can like structure at the rear of the motor. Is this some sort of pressure plenum? 

Hi SE77EN, would be great if you could share how you fixed your issue.  I have a different engine, 1.5 tdci in a Grand C-Max, but sounds like the same issue.  Couple of garages appear stumped by it!  Hopefully you are still following.

• Confused 1

• 7 months later...
On 3/18/2022 at 1:43 PM, SE77EN said:

Issue resolved cheers 👍

Hi, I have what seems the be the same issue in my 2013 Fiesta- How did you resolve this issue? Any help is appreciated 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club