Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New car delivered yesterday.... however....

stratplayer

After waiting since May 2021, my Ford Kuga ST-Line X PHEV finally arrived yesterday from Ford.

I had been waiting (very patiently to take delivery) so long for this car, and looking forward to saving a bit of BIK compared to my BMW 320i MSport that was returned.

I did my first trip today to my office in Bracknell, and was going to plug in to charge the batteries. Little did I know Ford only supply the residential 3 pin plug cable (very useful!). So that was a major surprise and disapointment.

Worse still to come, in looking from the electric charge point on the car I noticed that the rear passenger side door wasn't closed correctly, but hang on it was! It was the door that was not flush and by a big margin! I was initially devestated and then annoyed that I hadn't spotted it when the dealer delivered the car (luckily I took images on delivery so I can't get the blame).

I've attached the images for your inspection and raised a formal complaint. I would have rejected delivery if I had noticed yesterday.

What shambolic QC is going on here, did it leave Valencia like this or was it done as the dealers? There is no apparent damage just a very badly aligned door fitting. Driving is rather noisy with the wind noise, and todays wet weather was not ideal.

One other quick question for anyone with the same car, when you place it in reverse there are what seems like warning noises coming from the engine bay (or exterior) that I beleive I can hear. Am I going mad? I can deffo hear something flicking between N and R (repeated over and over with same noise when in R).

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

IMG_2977.JPG

Rear part of door (passenger rear)

IMG_2978.JPG

View from front passenger side looking towards rear.. lovely and flush!

IMG_2976a.JPG

Feel your pain, how disappointing.

Is it enough to reject the car as regardless of how they may repair or replace it, it would still niggle as to "What else" 

Hope you get it sorted one way or another.

• Like 1

In the current climate I really wouldn't reject the car.  Hopefully it is just alignment that can be simply rectified by adjusting the hinges.

It's probably just a product of limited working hours/days and Ford just trying to churn out whatever they can.  I'm surprised we haven't seen more of this type of thing tbh.  Perhaps things are being rectified during the PDI's so the customer never knows.

Shame it wasn't picked up in my PDI 😓

They had it 3 weeks before delivery!

• Sad 1

The noise in reverse is, I believe, a requirement now so that pedestrians are aware you are reversing. If done in electric mode there was previously no noise so potentially dangerous to pedestrians. 

I am very surprised your dealer didn't pick up the door issue on the PDI - they should have done. It almost looks like the door has been forced at the top in order to gain access. 

Ford now only supply the one cable - previously they provided both (as on my early 2021 PHEV) but to cut costs they now only supply the one. You can purchase the other type of cable (Type 2?) online from various places including Ford. They're not cheap though, costing in excess of £100 each!  

• Like 2

On 3/17/2022 at 1:31 AM, Quofan said:

The noise in reverse is, I believe, a requirement now so that pedestrians are aware you are reversing. If done in electric mode there was previously no noise so potentially dangerous to pedestrians. 

I am very surprised your dealer didn't pick up the door issue on the PDI - they should have done. It almost looks like the door has been forced at the top in order to gain access. 

Ford now only supply the one cable - previously they provided both (as on my early 2021 PHEV) but to cut costs they now only supply the one. You can purchase the other type of cable (Type 2?) online from various places including Ford. They're not cheap though, costing in excess of £100 each!  

Good to  know on the reverse sound.

Yes I am very surprised on the door too, I am very observant normally and really annoyed I missed it when it was delivered in broad daylight sunny conditions! I have an official complaint number from the lease company with dealer, but not heard anything since 😞

I'm either really impressed or the car is telling me lies in the electric used from regeneration. I have not charged it at all (due to lack of normal Type 2 cable), but I did around 100 miles driving Thursday mixed + motorway and managed to do 25 miles of it on electric.... I'm not convinced. When I lift my foot off the accelerator I notice it regenerates (and braking etc), do you think this 25 miles is really genuine?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club