Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HELP ! Bonnet stuck Mk7 Fiesta

tommywalls

I had trouble closing my bonnet and stupidly fiddled with the cable- bonnet has now shut firmly shut but will not open. Cable opener in car is completely slack. What is the best way to get the bonnet open from the outside?

It is s 2008 Mk 7 1.4 Titanium.

D o a search on the forum.   There have been a few similar threads.

• 2 weeks later...

All the answers to this on the forum are misleading. You do not need to remove the front grill or the panel underneath. Just get a right angled tool and place through the hole in the latch that can be seen by looking in the gap in the bonnet. A quick twist and the bonnet is open- as seen in this You Tube video.

• Like 1

Of course !!!!

All you need to do is lever the bonnet up with a small (not a big one) crowbar and hammer a couple of wedges in. Then using a right angled tool (that's in everyone's toolbox) poke it though the gap and release the latch - easy.

In fact it's so easy they didn't bother to show the whole process in the video which is a pity.🤔

• 1 year later...
On 4/7/2022 at 1:15 PM, tommywalls said:

All the answers to this on the forum are misleading. You do not need to remove the front grill or the panel underneath. Just get a right angled tool and place through the hole in the latch that can be seen by looking in the gap in the bonnet. A quick twist and the bonnet is open- as seen in this You Tube video.

I had this problem on a 2012 Fiesta which we’ve owned for all of 9 days. The least damaging way to ease the bonnet up was a pair of air wedges. A bent tent peg then released the catch.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club