Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Battery?

Tilster

So I picked up my 68 plate focus yesterday, on test drive the stop start didn't work due to low battery because of being sat on forecourt, understandable, I have now driven it 80 or so miles, and it's still not working, I've also noticed the wireless phone charger isn't working, is this connected to a low battery also? And if both of these things are connected to a low battery, how long do I need to drive it to charge the battery so everything works as it should? Or do I just ring the dealership about it? 

Just read the hundreds of threads on why Stop/Start doesn't work. Then read the almost 100 threads on State Of Charge (SOC). 

• Like 4

I have now driven it 80 or so miles, and it's still not working

you might find that it works the following day. In my experience, it needs to stand overnight to correctly re-assess the SOC level. In the  years I had my Focus it (stop/start) only ever worked for a couple of days after a long journey.

The start stop on my fiesta can go weeks without working even when I’ve been going 150-200 miles per week . It’s very inconsistent.  I’d rather it was disabled permanently.

3 hours ago, ianincheshire said:

you might find that it works the following day. In my experience, it needs to stand overnight to correctly re-assess the SOC level. In the  years I had my Focus it (stop/start) only ever worked for a couple of days after a long journey.

All down to "Key cycles" 👍

Bare in mind that it also won't work in cold enviroments . In the winter , it strugles to work but in summer it kicks in quite often

3 minutes ago, Zemanel said:

Bare in mind that it also won't work in cold enviroments . In the winter , it strugles to work but in summer it kicks in quite often

Well that explains why it only works for one day a year in the UK 🤣

• Haha 3

Lots of conditions need to be satisfied for stop/start to work correctly, a few here:

https://batteryworld.varta-automotive.com/en-be/start-stop-does-not-work

There seem to be two types of driver on here: those who are concerned if their stop/start doesn't work, and those who don't give a monkey's and wish they could turn it off permanently!😀

• Like 2

My stop start hasn't worked for the last 4500 miles despite the car being used daily, commuting 15 miles each way on week days. As far as I'm concerned it's operating perfectly as it saves me having to switch it off.

• Like 1

I totally agree. 

It will soon be "May Day" (2nd May) and the day of the year to charge all our Focus's and do a little dance around our cars whilst the Maypole does its job 🤔

• Haha 1

You need look at how old the battery is. I replaced mine about 3 years ago and it worked very well (in the summer months) for about 2 years. After that not at all unless the battery is fully charged with a charger. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club