Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 2019 - Service

Archer95

Hi all,

I have just purchased a Fiesta ST line 2019, and I've been told by the sales executive that it has 2 year service interval so it should be due in 2023 but the service history book says it's this month 2022.

I've emailed the dealership but no reply yet. I'm just looking around for an affordable certified garage just in case it is this month I need the service to be done, and came across 'BookMyGarage', just wanted to know if this was a safe website to book? Have you guys used it before?

Thank you

If you have a 1.0 ecoboost engine, then you would have to crazy not to service EVERY year. Always change the oil and filter at least once a year and make sure only to use the correct Ford specification oil.

Never heard of 'BookMyGarage' but it sounds like a recipe for a disaster in the making. Is it like a 'Lucky Dip' and they randomly select which garage you take your car to?

I would recommend that with a 2019 car you would do well to use a Ford main dealer, that way if you have problems later with the engine, Ford customer relations may well help you out.

• Like 2

BookMyGarage is advertised on almost every forum on this website. I expect you automatically/subconsciously scroll down past it 😉. Or maybe you've got ads blocked somehow???

8 hours ago, alanfp said:

Or maybe you've got ads blocked somehow???

Ads are blocked - paid supporter of FOC

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alanfp said:

BookMyGarage is advertised on almost every forum on this website. I expect you automatically/subconsciously scroll down past it 😉. Or maybe you've got ads blocked somehow???

Are they ?

I've not seen any at all and I'm not a paid up member of FOC.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 10:44 PM, Archer95 said:

Hi all,

I have just purchased a Fiesta ST line 2019, and I've been told by the sales executive that it has 2 year service interval so it should be due in 2023 but the service history book says it's this month 2022.

I've emailed the dealership but no reply yet. I'm just looking around for an affordable certified garage just in case it is this month I need the service to be done, and came across 'BookMyGarage', just wanted to know if this was a safe website to book? Have you guys used it before?

Thank you

Should have had a service in 2021 but I agree with unofix  have at least an oil and filter change every year

and while it's under warranty use a Ford dealer.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 11:37 PM, unofix said:

If you have a 1.0 ecoboost engine, then you would have to crazy not to service EVERY year. Always change the oil and filter at least once a year and make sure only to use the correct Ford specification oil.

Never heard of 'BookMyGarage' but it sounds like a recipe for a disaster in the making. Is it like a 'Lucky Dip' and they randomly select which garage you take your car to?

I would recommend that with a 2019 car you would do well to use a Ford main dealer, that way if you have problems later with the engine, Ford customer relations may well help you out.

So sorry for the late response still very new to this!

I've been in touch with Bristol Street where I purchased the car, and I asked for a quote for a service and they said not too worry about it for now as it is a 2 year interval. They also said, they wouldn't have sent off the car to me without a full service if the due date was close.

I'm going to leave it for another year in this case as the full service from Bristol Street was around £380 which is ridiculous.

Can you guys recommend a garage I can trust will use legit ford supplies to do a service? Will Halfords be a decent one for example? 

7 hours ago, Archer95 said:

So sorry for the late response still very new to this!

I've been in touch with Bristol Street where I purchased the car, and I asked for a quote for a service and they said not too worry about it for now as it is a 2 year interval. They also said, they wouldn't have sent off the car to me without a full service if the due date was close.

I'm going to leave it for another year in this case as the full service from Bristol Street was around £380 which is ridiculous.

Can you guys recommend a garage I can trust will use legit ford supplies to do a service? Will Halfords be a decent one for example? 

I had a full service and MOT for £250 at a Ford main dealer

Looking at Halfords its around £180  - I know where I'm going again next year (and it's not Halfords)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Archer95 said:

I've been in touch with Bristol Street where I purchased the car, and I asked for a quote for a service and they said not too worry about it for now as it is a 2 year interval.

Well that's good news. So if your engine fails and is destroyed because of lubrication (or lack of it) problems, I guess Bristol Street will replace it free of charge.

I think you need to realise that you have a 1.0 Ecoboost engine, and unless it is looked after and pampered there is a very real chance of it suffering serious damage. Those who are aware of the sensitive nature of the engine will tell you it needs the oil and filter changed every year if you want to avoid problems. The cost of an extra oil change is small in-comparison to the cost of a new engine. Even the type of oil that is used can play a big part in just what happens to the wet belts and how well they last.

• Like 1

If your car is a petrol one then the 4th year service should include a Spark Plug change, which maybe why it quite expensive.

• Like 2

I'm a bit confused by this one. Official intervals are 2 years or 18,000 miles - I'm assuming we're talking 1.0 ecoboost petrol here.

A 2019 should officially have had a first service in 2021, but I don't think the mileage of the OPs car has been mentioned so if a high mileage car it could have been done in 2020 which would explain why next one is shown as 2022 and why (apparently, from the cost quoted) it is a 4 year/36,000 mile service.   

The content of a 2 year service is little more than an oil/filter change plus pollen filter and a checkover. Cost approximately £210 at my local Ford dealer.

Next official service would be 4 years, so 2023 (unless the high miles circumstances above apply). Recently had mine and it was much the same as the 2 year, except spark plugs and air filter were included. Cost for this excluding the Mot was approx £350.

Many of us are sticking to an oil/filter change every 12 months, in between the "official" services, plus brake fluid changes are recommended every 2 years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I'm a bit confused by this one. Official intervals are 2 years or 18,000 miles - I'm assuming we're talking 1.0 ecoboost petrol here.

A 2019 should officially have had a first service in 2021, but I don't think the mileage of the OPs car has been mentioned so if a high mileage car it could have been done in 2020 which would explain why next one is shown as 2022 and why (apparently, from the cost quoted) it is a 4 year/36,000 mile service.   

The content of a 2 year service is little more than an oil/filter change plus pollen filter and a checkover. Cost approximately £210 at my local Ford dealer.

Next official service would be 4 years, so 2023 (unless the high miles circumstances above apply). Recently had mine and it was much the same as the 2 year, except spark plugs and air filter were included. Cost for this excluding the Mot was approx £350.

Many of us are sticking to an oil/filter change every 12 months, in between the "official" services, plus brake fluid changes are recommended every 2 years.

So sorry should have given more information on the car.

The car is 1.0 eco boost petrol engine. Mileage approx. 22800. Last service was in April 2021.

So Bristol Street's price for a 48 month service was around £376. This includes 1.5 hours labour; 4.6 litres oil; oil and Filter Change, Pollen Filter, Air Filter, Spark Plugs. Which explains the price I suppose?

I'm going to call Bristol Street again and ask when the oil, filters etc were last changed. And i'll book it for an oil and oil filter change atleast and have the full 48 month service next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Archer95 said:

So sorry should have given more information on the car.

The car is 1.0 eco boost petrol engine. Mileage approx. 22800. Last service was in April 2021.

So Bristol Street's price for a 48 month service was around £376. This includes 1.5 hours labour; 4.6 litres oil; Oil and Filter Change, Pollen Filter, Air Filter, Spark Plugs. Which explains the price I suppose?

I'm going to call Bristol Street again and ask when the oil, filters etc were last changed. And i'll book it for an oil and oil filter change atleast and have the full 48 month service next year.

Still sounds about £100 too much to me. Have you tried asking other nearby dealers?

10 hours ago, unofix said:

Well that's good news. So if your engine fails and is destroyed because of lubrication (or lack of it) problems, I guess Bristol Street will replace it free of charge.

I think you need to realise that you have a 1.0 Ecoboost engine, and unless it is looked after and pampered there is a very real chance of it suffering serious damage. Those who are aware of the sensitive nature of the engine will tell you it needs the oil and filter changed every year if you want to avoid problems. The cost of an extra oil change is small in-comparison to the cost of a new engine. Even the type of oil that is used can play a big part in just what happens to the wet belts and how well they last.

Will get in touch with the dealership again and ask when the last oil change was. The last official service was done in April 2021 so I think i'm going to book in for a oil and filter change and have the full 48 months service next year!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Still sounds about £100 too much to me. Have you tried asking other nearby dealers?

It really shocked me when I saw the price. I've had a look at Halfords and Kwikfit, they quoted around £230 for a full service but excludes spark plugs. I'm still looking around for a more affordable price but the closest Ford dealer is Bristol Street.

I'm just quite anxious because I have an extended warranty and I'm not sure where else I can take the car for a service/repairs without voiding the warranty as the garage needs to be certified by Vertu Motors.

14 minutes ago, Archer95 said:

It really shocked me when I saw the price. I've had a look at Halfords and Kwikfit, they quoted around £230 for a full service but excludes spark plugs. I'm still looking around for a more affordable price but the closest Ford dealer is Bristol Street.

I'm just quite anxious because I have an extended warranty and I'm not sure where else I can take the car for a service/repairs without voiding the warranty as the garage needs to be certified by Vertu Motors.

I should think any Ford dealer would do for the warranty? I’d at least try calling for a price from the next nearest dealer that isn’t Bristol street  just to compare if it was me. 

• Like 1

There's no doubt in my mind that Ford's once famously reasonable and transparent servicing costs, which were once a good reason to choose Ford, have shot up in the last few years.

Take the "convenience check" - when I ordered my current car, this was £34.95, last time I looked the official Ford price had risen to £115, though my local dealer charges a bit less.

There used to be a large board behind the reception desk at both my nearest dealers displaying a "menu" of prices for various models' services - now you have to enquire. Similarly, it's very hard to find any service prices on Ford's or dealers websites, other than the convenience check or the Ford "essential service" for older cars.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

There's no doubt in my mind that Ford's once famously reasonable and transparent servicing costs, which were once a good reason to choose Ford, have shot up in the last few years.

Take the "convenience check" - when I ordered my current car, this was £34.95, last time I looked the official Ford price had risen to £115, though my local dealer charges a bit less.

There used to be a large board behind the reception desk at both my nearest dealers displaying a "menu" of prices for various models' services - now you have to enquire. Similarly, it's very hard to find any service prices on Ford's or dealers websites, other than the convenience check or the Ford "essential service" for older cars.

Ford website homepage, at the bottom click book a service, can then check dealers in your area for prices for a service and some other services.

eg

6615E569-933C-4FE9-A5FC-B951094DC47E.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MarksST said:

Ford website homepage, at the bottom click book a service, can then check dealers in your area for prices for a service and some other services.

eg

6615E569-933C-4FE9-A5FC-B951094DC47E.jpeg

It's worth saying that these aren't always accurate.

When I've looked at my dealer before, the online price is a lot more than when I ask them directly.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It's worth saying that these aren't always accurate.

When I've looked at my dealer before, the online price is a lot more than when I ask them directly.

The dealers in my area don't quote online at all.  Just says 'Price on Request' when I try it. 

I suppose that's a sales technique to get you contacting them...but they must waste hours every day giving out basic quotes that should be available online imo.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The dealers in my area don't quote online at all.  Just says 'Price on Request' when I try it. 

I suppose that's a sales technique to get you contacting them...but they must waste hours every day giving out basic quotes that should be available online imo.

It works for me, as Mark mentions, though a bit of a faff to go through (maybe that's just my inner dinosaur!😀). I can see people being put off going to "Book a service" when they just want a price, not knowing they can pull out before they finish (oops).

Currently coming up with £362.50 in my area for the 4 year/18,000 service which is not that far off what Bristol Street quoted the OP and a few pounds over what I paid last month.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

It works for me, as Mark mentions, though a bit of a faff to go through (maybe that's just my inner dinosaur!😀). I can see people being put off going to "Book a service" when they just want a price, not knowing they can pull out before they finish (oops).

Currently coming up with £362.50 in my area for the 4 year/18,000 service which is not that far off what Bristol Street quoted the OP and a few pounds over what I paid last month.

I went through the whole thing with a reg for both the Mk4 & Mk2...neither produce any results.  All I can see is that they'll charge £18 for collection & delivery or a courtesy car! 😮 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I went through the whole thing with a reg for both the Mk4 & Mk2...neither produce any results.  All I can see is that they'll charge £18 for collection & delivery or a courtesy car! 😮 

Funny. Just tried it and just put "Suffolk" and my own reg and John Grose in Ipswich and Woodbridge came up with £362.50 for a 4 year Fiesta service. As did their Diss branch (even though that was in Norfolk last time I looked!).

I think the screen displayed varies a bit according to whether you are using a phone, tablet, laptop or PC. I have noticed that you don't get a price showing until you hit the "confirm" button under the vehicle details and on some devices you have to scroll back up to see this - could that be the problem? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Funny. Just tried it and just put "Suffolk" and my own reg and John Grose in Ipswich and Woodbridge came up with £362.50 for a 4 year Fiesta service. As did their Diss branch (even though that was in Norfolk last time I looked!).

I think the screen displayed varies a bit according to whether you are using a phone, tablet, laptop or PC. I have noticed that you don't get a price showing until you hit the "confirm" button under the vehicle details and on some devices you have to scroll back up to see this - could that be the problem? 

Hmm, does look like user error then!  I'll have to give it another go. :unsure: 

Edit - I'm an idiot...was not clicking the confirm button! 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club