Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

End the ban on fracking...

StephenFord

All of us are aware that the current UK energy strategy is dangerously non existent. Green protesters are unfortunately misguided in their aims, 'insulating homes' is not an energy strategy. solar and wind are peripheral sources of energy as they only work when it's windy, and when it's sunny - we currently have no method of mass storing this energy for use when we need it.

For the foreseeable future, we need traditional sources of energy, even if it's for a transition period.

There is a petition to get the government to end their ban on fracking so that we can release the UK's reserve of shale gas which is under our feet, and potentially could supply a secure resource for decades.

End the ban on fracking...(Click for link)

If you're happy with our current energy situation, just give the petition a by-ball...

• Thanks 1

As long as robust safety procedures are observed, then fracking could be of benefit. What didn't help was the fact that in some US states they could light their water taps. The principal is sound similar to oil extraction by replacing what they remove with water or similar. As i eluded on another post the government is fully throwing it weight behind nuclear even if its on small plants. Hopefully fusion plants can easily be adapted if and when the boffins crack fission [excuse the pun].

8 minutes ago, JImpster said:

As long as robust safety procedures are observed, then fracking could be of benefit. What didn't help was the fact that in some US states they could light their water taps.

Sadly, a myth that was busted decades ago...

https://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-gas/energy-primers/hydraulic-fracturing/does-fracking-cause-flaming-water-faucets

• Like 2

Well, the government finally published their multiple delayed energy strategy today. As well as the usual suspects (solar & wind), we have also been promised up to 8 x new nuclear power stations, the increased use of hydrogen, and indeed 'fracking', though they stated they would be following 'the science'. Oh dear, where have I heard that before.

So looks like we may get some much needed energy in the future, because as we know, the government have an excellent track record of bringing large scale projects in on budget and on time...

4 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Oh dear, where have I heard that before.

The same media outlet as me TalkRADIO 😁

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club