Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PATS programming done with forscan

hardy1812

Afternoon peeps,,

I had only one key for my car although forscan says 2 are programmed,, so because I only got one when I bought it I’ve always wondered how hard it was to add one using forscan. 
well today I gave it a whirl hahaha

it was really easy and just a case of following on screen instructions,, I bought a key off eBay £9.95 4D63 433 mhs and had it cut at a local locksmith cost £7.50 

so I had everything ready to try,, massive thanks to isetta for his help and advice and yes mate I did try to start car with new key to see what fault code came up, it was some about couldn’t read the chip so I thought if it knows it’s there then maybe it can be done

so opened up PATS in forscan put key in ignition and turned to on position and pressed the play button,,, sorry never got no pics but it basically says let forscan generate in coming and outgoing codes just clicked ok twice and let it do its thing took maybe 4 minutes to do. I did mange to get some screen shots at the end. 
9C1F9DED-FCBA-4E9C-9429-7C431FC3FA2F.thumb.jpeg.2be4ce8af15b4631a40009dea47fa15f.jpeg0D8D16A4-8FF7-4750-867C-8D108D83389B.thumb.jpeg.399e540cb2935609a9af0e84f0f1dfa5.jpeg

top shows 2 keys and bottom shows 3 keys coded to car after restarting the PATS again. Tried both keys and they both worked. 
if anyone is ever thinking of trying this don’t be afraid like I was it worked hahaha. 

• Like 2

that's great, i have a new key to code for mine that I've been terrified of doing as once I've done a key I've got a cluster to do. TBF i've had the bits over a month.

4 hours ago, JImpster said:

that's great, i have a new key to code for mine that I've been terrified of doing as once I've done a key I've got a cluster to do. TBF i've had the bits over a month.

As I only had one I couldn’t do it in the ignition and needed to have a spare for just in case 🤣. Having done it once I’m gunna do a 3rd key not because I need to,,  just because I can 🤣

• Like 2

I have 2 keys but only one is a plip, the new one when i do it is a plip, best have another read and watch some more vids

19 minutes ago, hardy1812 said:

Having done it once I’m gunna do a 3rd key not because I need to,,  just because I can 🤣

Well done 👍

You can also delete the missing key from the system so that it can't be used

2 hours ago, unofix said:

Well done 👍

You can also delete the missing key from the system so that it can't be used

Hmmmm is that in the PATS menu ??? 

I do believe it is. You can certainly delete all keys and then re-add the keys you still have.

I have a windows 11 lappy with extended license Forscan and a tunnel rat reader ELM327 FTDI , the one before they changed to v-linker, does it make any difference wether i useUSB 2.0or 3.0 on lappy i have both. also the reader has a switch, does it matter on position ?

WIN_20220417_11_26_58_Pro.jpg

1 hour ago, JImpster said:

I have a windows 11 lappy with extended license Forscan and a tunnel rat reader ELM327 FTDI , the one before they changed to v-linker, does it make any difference wether i useUSB 2.0or 3.0 on lappy i have both. also the reader has a switch, does it matter on position ?

WIN_20220417_11_26_58_Pro.jpg

Forscan tells you which switch position to connect in initially.  It'll then tell you to switch again if you do a full module scan.

USB 2.0 is fine.  Don't think it'll be noticeably quicker in a 3.0 for normal functions.

• Like 2

If you are using Windows 11 (very brave of you) then you need to make sure you have the latest version of FORScan. If you then use an ELM327 lead with the new version it will spit it's dummy out and give you warnings about communication setup, as it prefers to use the new vLinker FS cable.

From what I've been told you can just ignore the warnings and continue with the ELM327 cable, but some of the extra features of the latest version of FORScan (what ever they are) may not be available. When you first connect up your ELM327 cable put the switch to HS (high speed canbus), FORSCan will tell you when to change the switch to MS (medium speed canbus).

• Like 1

I quite like 11, its VERY mac like, and touch wood not come up against any issues with programs, and Forscan and ELM both mention 11 on their sites. 

Cheers guys

11 minutes ago, JImpster said:

its VERY mac like

and that would be 100% my reason to try and never use Windows 11.

It's like many years ago Coca Cola thought it would be a good idea to make it taste like Pepsi. Why ?

If I wanted a taste like Pepsi I'd drink Pepsi. If I wanted a mac then I'd get a mac !!

Well that's my daily rant over for just now 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

when i say mac like i mean the home screen with the icons middle of the taskbar

and i prefer Pepsi its gassier

• Haha 1

I use an old asus windows tablet running windows 10 I think and I bought my ELM327 many many moons ago hahaha. Although I keep meaning to get a white marker and write HS/MS on it as I can never remember which way is which 

B916A378-76C2-4052-A9F3-0469E7388680.thumb.jpeg.a4b1666676e383e2288b76be61ce5651.jpeg9A229A90-0341-4109-9042-6E074CF42AE4.thumb.jpeg.55455c7051c4811f1bb45b32a95f9882.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, unofix said:

and that would be 100% my reason to try and never use Windows 11.

It's like many years ago Coca Cola thought it would be a good idea to make it taste like Pepsi. Why ?

Maybe MS will launch, 'Windows Classic' soon, just like Coca Cola did after they realised that treating their customers like sh*t was a serious economic error LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm still using Windows 7 on my desktop PC which is what I use most of the time. I have a laptop with Windows 10 that I bought 3 years ago but even though I've got used to using it I still don't like Windows 10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you still get the 'classic' option on Win 11?  I've run both windows 8/8.1 & Windows 10 in the classic view without the 'tiles'.  I want my laptop to look like a laptop...not a phone!

• Like 2

You still have a desktop so to speak, but you navigate it differently, windows is STILL windows as intrusive and arsey as ever, but you can turn 99% of that off. I was tempted to try chrome as an O/S but felt it would be like Linux on the periphery.

• Like 1

One of the main things I detest about Windows 10 (and 11 no doubt) is the way those arrogant bar stewards at Micro$oft have taken away control of updates from the customer. As I don't use my laptop very often nearly every time I turn it on I get pestered with the latest update. If it's not that then it's Micro$oft trying to get me to create an account with them - don't they understand the meaning of NO ?

I've considered switching to Linux and have dabbled with it in the past but I have some important programs that wouldn't run on it unless in a Windows emulator with a performance hit. At my advanced age I just want a quiet life and the learning curve associated with switching is too daunting.

I wouldn't use Chrome, Jimpster, Google are, if anything, worse than Micro$oft for tracking and harvesting information. I now use DuckDuckGo as my search engine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes agreed duck and go is a decent search engine, you get  results based on reality as opposed to sponsors.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 3:33 PM, hardy1812 said:

I use an old asus windows tablet running windows 10 I think and I bought my ELM327 many many moons ago hahaha. Although I keep meaning to get a white marker and write HS/MS on it as I can never remember which way is which 

B916A378-76C2-4052-A9F3-0469E7388680.thumb.jpeg.a4b1666676e383e2288b76be61ce5651.jpeg9A229A90-0341-4109-9042-6E074CF42AE4.thumb.jpeg.55455c7051c4811f1bb45b32a95f9882.jpeg

You don’t need a white marker. On mine I used a screwdriver blade to scratch the plastic

• Thanks 1

This is on my list of purchase’s then it takes care of knowing which way it is 🤣

2302A51D-3B7C-495A-8A80-73CBDC3C5A62.thumb.png.d8e9f260ce6e403d88b5a1d490622490.png

Done my key this afternoon, what was i scared of. Hit a little snagette ............... windows 11 does not come with MSCOMCTL.OCX installed spent the last 2 hours working round it to install ELM. I'm not rolloing back to 10 incase that dont work either haha

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JImpster said:

Done my key this afternoon, what was i scared of. Hit a little snagette ............... windows 11 does not come with MSCOMCTL.OCX installed

I know a guy who still runs an XP Laptop for some diagnostic work, as he knows there are just too numerous issues on newer 'Windows' when he works on older cars! 😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club