Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scuff Plates and Chrome pedals.

Jenkst69

Just picked up my Puma STLine X was really excited the day I was picking it up.

Arrived at dealers signed the last bit of paper work,then taken to car, open drivers door up to find no ST line pedals fitted and no scuff plates fitted, so I asked the salesman where they were and apparently there not standard anymore you have to pay extra for these.

Bearing in mine that this is two specs up from my other Puma I feel a little bit cheated.

I did say to the salesman it's got all the sports pack on the outside but for the inside,i basically have a sports steering wheel and a chrome gear knob.

So my wife is going to get the extras for birthday presents.

Just wished they had told me when I ordered the car these were non standard parts now.

Edited by Jenkst69
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

This type of cost cutting is standard across most manufacturers nowadays.  Especially since all the unforeseen circumstances over the last couple of years.

I appreciate that you'd rather have been told when ordering, as would I.  But from the salesmen's viewpoint, they'd likely lose sales by telling people all of the things that the new car lacks compared to the previous model. 

You can compare spec lists for current trim levels online, as well as all the optional extras, which I'd advise doing where possible.  However, the online lists don't get updated very often and are also frequently wrong unfortunately.

• Like 1

Yes, if l can add this too here as well.

The car l was sold on in the showroom, an ST line, had, as mentioned above, said pedals and plates too!...but after ordering l went on to read on here that said extras were being discontinued from the range by the time mines is due delivery, hopefully some time in the next two months??.....

l'm more concerned now with what l now read on the ford official UK site saying that the spec of my car ( ST line X) is now speced without the massage function on the passenger seat!, which is one of the reasons for having this particular model as me and my wife make long journeys down to Bornemouth to see her parents and a seat like this would of helped considerably with her cramps she complains of whilst being driven?!!

If there is anyone on here who can add some clarity to what seems to be going on here, as it's turning into a bit of a farce and l ain't even got the car yet!. 

Hi

i got my 2022 st-line x in January and as above no sports pedals or scuff plates and certainly no massage seats as I thought they were titanium only ?

You can buy pedals really cheap - these would cost you less than £20, small beer on the price you forked out for the car, and maybe a saving on your poor wife buying you some for your birthday LOL

917338224_sparcopedalsboxed.thumb.png.79dfc3df22eb0fc784186f2adcdd8551.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pompeydave1967 said:

Hi

certainly no massage seats as I thought they were titanium only ?

Yes, I think they were only mentioned on the Titanium, and then only on the first price list I downloaded - seemed to disappear after that.

Massage function on the Puma Vignale only, also reading the latest Puma price list, there is no mention of front or rear floor mats, which leads me to believe that they are extra as well

Ask the dealer to supply a set of mats FOC.

5 minutes ago, Rizmo said:

Ask the dealer to supply a set of mats FOC.

More chance with a full tank of petrol LOL

20 minutes ago, Rizmo said:

Ask for both, mats and a tank full.

and possibly mudflaps, and some paint protection, and a free service 🤣

7 hours ago, Danny E said:

Massage function on the Puma Vignale only, also reading the latest Puma price list, there is no mention of front or rear floor mats, which leads me to believe that they are extra as well

After I ordered my Vignale, I noticed that the spec changed from velour mats to rubber mats. Velour mats were an extra cost option. I knew that velour mats were definitely standard when I ordered so I was a bit worried but when it arrived it did have the velour mats. Ironically I then ordered a set of rubber front mats for use in the winter and they are actually really good. I also have the scuff plates and massage seats. I only use the massage seats on longer journeys. 

10 hours ago, Vendee said:

After I ordered my Vignale, I noticed that the spec changed from velour mats to rubber mats. Velour mats were an extra cost option. I knew that velour mats were definitely standard when I ordered so I was a bit worried but when it arrived it did have the velour mats. Ironically I then ordered a set of rubber front mats for use in the winter and they are actually really good. I also have the scuff plates and massage seats. I only use the massage seats on longer journeys. 

One of the first things I did was change the mats from velour to rubber in our ST Line X.It was already showing slight signs of wear at the heel point when we got the car at almost 6 months old with just under 4k on the clock but after a few weeks of my size 11's there was a clear indentation so we changed to the rubber ones with red stitching to match the interior.

2 hours ago, Wino said:

One of the first things I did was change the Mats from velour to rubber in our ST Line X.It was already showing slight signs of wear at the heel point when we got the car at almost 6 months old with just under 4k on the clock but after a few weeks of my size 11's there was a clear indentation so we changed to the rubber ones with red stitching to match the interior.

I'll probably put the velour mats back in there sometime in May. We go for a lot of muddy walks so until things dry up, I'll keep the rubber ones in there. I normally associate rubber car mats with cheap and tacky but the genuine Ford mats are very good quality and they are moulded to fit perfectly. To be honest, if the car had come with just rubber mats, I wouldn't be rushing out to buy the velour ones but I'm now lucky to have both to chose from. My Ford rubber mats don't have any red trim but the Vignale doesn't have red stitching so that's fine 

On 4/25/2022 at 10:27 AM, pompeydave1967 said:

Hi

i got my 2022 st-line x in January and as above no sports pedals or scuff plates and certainly no massage seats as I thought they were titanium only ?

Ironically, l ordered my st line x in January of this year and l still have the screen shot of the ford webpage taken near to the day l ordered it and it did then clearly say 'passenger seat with lumber and massage function'.

Can't think why they'd be on the titanium only, since the ST line is a higher spec to start with?.....

I’ve never seen it listed on st-line or st-line x models , yes it’s on the lower titanium model as standard but not the above mentioned. More a luxury item hence being on titanium and not the sportier st- line models.

it is mentioned on spec page but only as an option.

Just checked 2022 titanium models and massage seats have been dropped for the MY. Only now standard on vignale models .

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pompeydave1967 said:

Just checked 2022 titanium models and massage seats have been dropped for the MY. Only now standard on vignale models .

I've got it as standard on my Vignale. The lumbar adjustment is a lot better and more configurable than the old style manual adjustment that would eventually slip but to be honest, the massage feature doesn't really wow me. I certainly wouldn't pay extra to have it. Having said that, I've got a 900 mile round trip coming up soon so it may come into its own then. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club