Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pads &discs

Fastfordninja

Recently had motbut they said pads&discs worn i admit pads do look abit low but discs look fine a small liparound edge just enough to catch ya finger around the car has done 32400 miles surley I should get 2 sets of pads to one set if discs any help cheers 

Pads will come as a set for both wheels (4 in total = 2 pads for each side). Discs seems to be sold singularly from some places but essentially you need 2 (a pair).

24 minutes ago, Frembrit said:

Pads will come as a set for both wheels (4 in total = 2 pads for each side). Discs seems to be sold singularly from some places but essentially you need 2 (a pair).

I think you have misunderstood the OP.

@Fastfordninja is asking/saying is that they expect to change the pads and discs on a 2 to 1 ratio. So they would only expect to change the discs every other pad change.

This is true for many models but it can depend on how hard the brake pads are, and also the type of breaking for example lots of motorway verses town driving. Personally I think 32,000 miles is about right for disc replacement if they are the originals.

ah I see...

Personally I always change pads and disc together now. I used try changing discs every other set of pads but found that trying to extend the life of the discs caused problems like juddering under braking as the discs tended to warp as they wore thinner - and then you need a new set of discs anyway,  and another set of new pads to go with them!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club