Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Vapouriser

F0CUE

No luck they were very helpful though and even lifted a Mondeo on the fork lift to take a look underneath as it had the same engine.

• Sad 2

On 7/6/2022 at 1:07 PM, F0CUE said:

Not here you can climb up the cars and do what you like I'm going to try them anyway as I need it badly on top of getting the Vapouriser bolt off.

I think it's the same here in NI, though the last few times I needed a part, a phone call always ensured the part I wanted was waiting for me at the counter, but I have seen folk wander off to the back yard where vehicles are piled up 4 deep!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I think it's the same here in NI, though the last few times I needed a part, a phone call always ensured the part I wanted was waiting for me at the counter, but I have seen folk wander off to the back yard where vehicles are piled up 4 deep!

Yes and the cars shake and everything it's well fun 😂 

• Haha 3

Is this type of fastener disposable or can it be used again? And how do they come off?

IMG_20220714_105307-min.thumb.jpg.47c796b065a95861546ff671e52e5c15.jpg

Just don't want to break something again 🤣 anyone?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Just don't want to break something again 🤣 anyone?

Might be reusable with the correct tool, but not at home.  Fit a small jubilee or butterfly clip instead.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Might be reusable with the correct tool, but not at home.  Fit a small jubilee or butterfly clip instead.

Thanks but what is the best way to remove the current one?

5 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Thanks but what is the best way to remove the current one?

Doesn't really matter if it's not being reused.  Can either use a small flat blade to 'peel' the loose end up or just use a pair or pliers to gently twist the bulged part.

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Doesn't really matter if it's not being reused.  Can either use a small flat blade to 'peel' the loose end up or just use a pair or pliers to gently twist the bulged part.

Cheers just being cautious cos it cost £90 🤣

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Cheers just being cautious cos it cost £90 🤣

Don't give me that responsibility. :laugh: 

Seriously though, are you sure you haven't got enough access to fit the whole part? :unsure:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't give me that responsibility. :laugh: 

Seriously though, are you sure you haven't got enough access to fit the whole part? :unsure:

It's like the space of the size of an old black and white portable TV. I will look again and see where it is routed to but on jack stands I am still cramped under there as it's lower being the zetec s.

3 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Is this type of fastener disposable or can it be used again? And how do they come off?

That is one time use only, crimp hose clamp. Best way to remove them is to cut through part sticking up with a junior hacksaw or a very strong pair of cutters.

This link (out of stock) to them on amazon shows how they work.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/25-Crimp-Type-Hose-Clamps/dp/B005E3PZG2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got the car in the garage across from me today to get that bolt off wish me luck 🤣

• Haha 1

He got it off but struggled and it cost me an hour's labour. Now I have taken leave for tomorrow to put it all back together such fun 😂

Just now, F0CUE said:

He got it off but struggled and it cost me an hour's labour. Now I have taken leave for tomorrow to put it all back together such fun 😂

Have you asked how much they'd have charged to do the whole job out of interest?  This might be one of those situations where doing it yourself was not worth it in the end! :unsure: 

At least you're heading in the right direction anyway! :biggrin:  Hopefully it won't be too hot up there tomorrow!

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Have you asked how much they'd have charged to do the whole job out of interest?  This might be one of those situations where doing it yourself was not worth it in the end! :unsure: 

At least you're heading in the right direction anyway! :biggrin:  Hopefully it won't be too hot up there tomorrow!

TBH so skint now and that hour's labour was £66. I will be fine under the car cos it's shaded and it's Scotland it will probably rain.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Got the fuel parts sorted but can't get the vapourizer to screw onto the dpf tried several times got bite of the threads and using spanner got a few turns then it would just fall out 😕 so now it whistles like I have put a fake turbo whistle on my exhaust 🤣

• Sad 1

Wish me luck this weekend. Not getting my hopes up but worth a try.

IMG_20220727_201146-min.thumb.jpg.02e3515cbd7ec72154410d4dc10d3f69.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got it screwed in yesterday and done a static regen with forscan (tons of smoke came out) and cleared all errors and it's been good so far time will tell though!

• Like 3

You got there in the end 👍

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club