Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transit custom 2017 strange issue

Stuart81

Hi, had my van a few months now and tonight I happened to look out the window to see my vans lights on, when I got out there it was like the van was turn on but not running, side lights on, interior lights on and the instrument panel lit up, at first I tried using the fob to lock it to see if that would shut everything off but it didn't, so I unlocked the van and got in thinking I may have knocked the light switch off of auto to on, but it wasn't, plus I was a little concerned it may have been broken into but no, so closed the door and locked it and everything shut off it's now 2 in the morning and I'm paranoid and having to check every 30 mins or so, is there anything that can cause this to happen, I'm 100% certain it was fully shut off when I parked it up after dropping the kids off as I popped to the shop twice and it literally parked outside the house so would have noticed if the lights were on, so it seems to have come to life all on its own? Is that even possible? Tried googling it but not finding anything other than people with f150s in the states having only headlights turn on by themselves but they seem to have more technology in them motors.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated

Stuart 

So it has happened again tonight, checked out the window and the lights on again, I have to put the key in the ignition and turn it on then off again for them to turn off, I have the light switch to off, not auto, only thing that I did notice is the driver's heated seat switch was on (must have pressed it while I was cleaning) but I felt the seat and it wasn't warm, not sure if heated seats work without the ignition on or van running? I've also read that some fords lights come on if it the battery is getting low? Which seems a ridiculous feature?

I will have to wait till tomorrow night to see if it happens again, if not maybe having the heated seat switch may have caused it? 

Anyone know if that would be the case? Or if there are any common issues with degrading senors or wiring that I should be looking at? 

You may have done an accidental trouser press of the key fob as you were or just before you looked out of the window. 

It's easily done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tizer said:

an accidental trouser press

trouser press.JPG

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Tizer said:

You may have done an accidental trouser press of the key fob as you were or just before you looked out of the window. 

It's easily done.

I never keep my keys in my pocket, plus pressing the fob doesn't turn the side lights on, they only come on when the ignition is turned on, only the interior lights turn on when the van is unlocked with the fob, the issue I'm having is like I stated, the headlight side lights turn on and rear side lights plus the interior lights and radio display and driver display are lit up, I'm waiting till it gets dark because it doesn't happen during daylight and has only happened the last two nights, the only anomaly was the driver's heated seat was switch on and the night it first happened I had cleaned the cab that day so with it switch off now I will see if it happens again tonight, at the moment all I can think of is a bad BCM maybe, with it only happening at night I'm assuming the auto lights sensor is some how being triggered while the van is locked, or if a bad battery can cause electronic issues like this, but the van cranks over just fine. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club