Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Led interior strip glove box


Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’m fitting an led interior strip for my glove box but at the moment the light is permanently on, I’m wanting to to come on and turn off the same as my cup holder and footwell lights like when the doors open. Can I do this? 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 minutes ago, Caitlin_heyx said:

I’m fitting an led interior strip for my glove box but at the moment the light is permanently on, I’m wanting to to come on and turn off the same as my cup holder and footwell lights like when the doors open. Can I do this? 
 

Where are you obtaining the live power feed for the LED currently? If it's the glove box, would you not want it to come on/off when you open/close the glove box?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Where are you obtaining the live power feed for the LED currently? If it's the glove box, would you not want it to come on/off when you open/close the glove box?

Using a piggyback fuse but the lights are on permanently. I’m wanting them to come on and off with the ambient lighting 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Caitlin_heyx said:

Using a piggyback fuse but the lights are on permanently. I’m wanting them to come on and off with the ambient lighting 

OK, let,s phrase this another way. What feed are you taking the piggyback fuse from?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

OK, let,s phrase this another way. What feed are you taking the piggyback fuse from?

I just used a piggyback fuse into fuse 1 behind the glove box I just don’t know how to make them so they are ambient lighting 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, Caitlin_heyx said:

I just used a piggyback fuse into fuse 1 behind the glove box I just don’t know how to make them so they are ambient lighting 

What you need to do, is find out what fuse the 'ambient' lighting uses, and piggy back on that. You cannot just tap into a fuse at random and hope it works the way you want! I'm assuming you know pretty much nothing about auto electrics so will not have a multi meter, or even know what one is?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best left alone if you dont no what your doing you could end up with a fire 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, dezwez said:

Best left alone if you dont no what your doing you could end up with a fire 

Easy to do LOL When I was 17, I wired up a set of Cibie spotlights on my Datsun 120Y, worked great though after a minute, I did notice the smell of burning, and smoke beginning to bellow out from engine bay. Who knew you had to use a 'relay' to wire in some lamps! No internet/YouTube 40 odd years ago 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Easy to do LOL When I was 17, I wired up a set of Cibie spotlights on my Datsun 120Y, worked great though after a minute, I did notice the smell of burning, and smoke beginning to bellow out from engine bay. Who knew you had to use a 'relay' to wire in some lamps! No internet/YouTube 40 odd years ago 🤣

true LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership