Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it an econetic?

Rhillen

Hello, I'm new to this but wonder if anyone can help.

Recently bought a Focus 2013 Edge TDCi 115 estate that is an ex police car. It has had the badges stuck back on the tailgate (the police remove them to put their decals on). It has an econetic badge stuck on with a number plate sticky pad in not quite the right position. My problem is this: I bought the car with a view to towing a small caravan but a month or so after getting it I read in the owners manual that Econetic models aren't approved for towing! You can imagine how I felt...yes I know I should have checked this first.

Looking in to it, I don't think it is an econetic model and the badge has been put on the wrong car (I'm hoping). These are the reasons why:

No mention of econetic on the V5, There is a towing capacity listed on the V5 of 1200kg unbraked. On the VIN plate the second weight (gross train weight)is 1200kg more than the first which matches the V5. If it can't tow why are these figures here? I can't find any listing of an econetic model with 115 bhp in 2013. The local Ford dealer thinks it's not an econetic model because of all these reasons and also when he did a HPi check there was no mention of econetic on it.

The insurance company were no help, they just said to check with a Ford dealer.

Because of that badge on the back, I still have a nagging doubt about it and am very wary of buying a towbar and hitching the caravan up (even though it only weighs 700kg) in case I'm not insured to do this.

Does anyone know if Ford did produce a TDCi 115 econetic model?

Any thoughts advice woulod be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Is it a stylised Econetic badge?  Or just the rectangular Econetic Technology badge?

The rectangular badge is just a bit of branding, it doesn't relate to the trim level.

12 minutes ago, Rhillen said:

It's the rectangular econetic technology badge.

That doesn't really mean anything then.  Was stuck to all 1.6 TDCi's for a few years.

The proper Econetic trims are all 105ps with £0 tax on Mk3 as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

That doesn't really mean anything then.  Was stuck to all 1.6 TDCi's for a few years.

The proper Econetic trims are all 105ps with £0 tax on Mk3 as far as I'm aware.

Correct, lowered suspension on Econetic, that's why you "can't" tow

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveT70 said:

Correct, lowered suspension on Econetic, that's why you "can't" tow

I'm curious, most 'boy racers' put on lowered suspension. Can you be a 'grandad racer' and put on raised suspension allowing you to tow?? 😄

• Haha 1

You can definitely buy a lift kit, but generally for off-roading rather than towing! :biggrin:

image.thumb.png.79dd1aaf50a2d81b0f6bd8f3a616c2eb.png

image.thumb.png.f927d3a9c37126030aec9148d49ac304.png

• Like 1

Phew that's great news.

Thanks to all of you for your help, much appreciated.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club