Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tips or advice

JonnyPeers81

I'm picking my new puma up today, after 9 months of waiting due to the shortage. Has anyone any tips or advice on what's best to keep it in top condition both interior and engine please? 

On 8/30/2022 at 10:41 AM, JonnyPeers81 said:

I'm picking my new puma up today, after 9 months of waiting due to the shortage. Has anyone any tips or advice on what's best to keep it in top condition both interior and engine please? 

For the engine its really a case of driving sensibly for 1000 miles, i.e. don't labour it, keep below 3000rpm ish. Don't sit on the motorway holding the same revs for long periods. After 1000 miles increase the revs gradually and make sure the engine is up to temp before giving it welly. Keep to the oil change schedule.

For the interior you might want to get a product to protect the synthetic leather on the seats. I use Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard on mine.

• Like 2

I would add - don't leave the oil until the full interval, do in between ones. EG if interval is 18k or 2 years, do it evry 9k/1yr during the warranty period.  Once warranty is up if you do, say, 12k/year change the oil annually irrespective of mileage. When I did 25k/year in a car with a 20k oil change I changed the oil at roughly 10k intervals. When my cars reached 100-120k they sounded as good as when new!

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club