Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Delivery for factory

Pk75

I was told our car was built and left the factory right at the end of July and was meant to be delivered to the showroom the beginning of September it still hasn’t turned up at the showroom and they have told me that they don’t know where the car is am I getting lied to as I can’t believe it’s takes over 8 weeks so far to transport a car from factory to showroom 

Pumas are built in Romania so it's not a quick delivery route.

The dealership should be able to see where it's last location was though.  It won't be in the UK yet if they don't know.

So are Pumas being built now, does anyone have estimated build and delivery dates?

Interesting to read the Focus 4.5 thread where dates are being offered by dealers, although I gather it is from a different factory (Spain?).

Focus's are no longer built in Valencia as far as I know.  Mk4's are all built in Germany so much shorter delivery distance.  

On 9/13/2022 at 5:30 PM, Pk75 said:

I was told our car was built and left the factory right at the end of July and was meant to be delivered to the showroom the beginning of September it still hasn’t turned up at the showroom and they have told me that they don’t know where the car is am I getting lied to as I can’t believe it’s takes over 8 weeks so far to transport a car from factory to showroom 

I was in the same position almost a year ago. I think mine took 9 weeks from build to delivery and I had to contact the CEO of Ford UK to get things moving. The problem was lack of rail capacity in Romania. Pumas are supposed to come off the production line and go straight onto a rail transporter but when there are problems with the trains, some vehicles come off the production line and are stored in a large compound. When the train situation improves, they don't empty the compound first. They just resume shipment of the vehicles coming off the line. Eventually they contract addition rail transport to empty the compound but it can take many weeks to do that. Your dealer should be able to tell you the last known location of your car. This will either be Craiova (the factory), Flushing (shipping terminal in Holland) or Dagtops (Shipping terminal in Dagenham). If your car was built and gate released in August and its location is still showing as Craiova then you know your car is stuck in the compound. 

Your car can get stuck at Flushing but not usually for long. It can also get stuck at Dagenham for a long time. Cars destined for NW England are usually shipped up from Dagenham by rail. 

• Like 1

l would hold some horses back ladies and gents if your due a delivery soon as there appears to have been a nasty train fire in the Netherlands yesterday and, looking at the images, they do look like pumas!....

Lot of speculation if there UK bound or not though?......

• Sad 1

https://www.railfreight.com/railfreight/2022/09/14/freight-train-carrying-cars-bursts-on-fire-in-the-netherlands/?gdpr=accept

That reminds me, how did that recall go for the battery cover on the Puma ? Maybe they should fit plastic covers on the roofs just to be on the safe side.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club