Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 automatic update toggle stuck on the off position

Connor_ST

Hi, I went onto the sync update site and was told there was an update for my sync. I downloaded it and put it onto usb. I then went outside and plugged it in when the car which was on the drive so was connected to the wifi. I noticed that it had started to download the update wirelessly. I thought it's pointless downloading it again and would be quicker to install from the usb. So I turned the automatic update option off to stop the wireless update. I installed the software from usb without a problem. Went back to the sync update website to upload the file to say it had been completed. I was then told there was a map update, so I again downloaded and installed this without a problem. I now get a message on the sync update site to say no updates needed and on the car it says I am on sync 3.4 22110 or something similar with F11 maps so all good.

However, the problem is the automatic update option is now stuck in the off position. Pressing it to turn it back on does nothing. I have tried toggling other options on/off and they all work as intended. I did a master reset to see if that would fix it but still no joy. Has anyone else had this issue or know a solution?

The Sync update system is a mystery to us all, but none more so than to Ford !!

I would leave things alone for a week or two and I wouldn't be surprised to find that it will sort it's self out once the Ford servers and your car catch up with each other.

So long as everything is working and you have the latest software and F11 maps, don't worry.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply unofix 👍

I managed to get it sorted in case anyone else runs into the same issue. If you click ford connect, on the car settings not the phone app. There’s an option there to turn on “connectivity features” I turned this on then was able to turn automatic update back on 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club