Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forscan Problem

TerryS

Hi all,downloaded Forscan all good,put cd in for adaptor,adaptor connected to forscan,but error,unable to connect to car turn ignition on,have tried everything,but nothing seems to work,any ideas would be appreciated

Probably the cable...I have a Tunnelrat version (which used to be the go to cable) but now Forscan are recommending Vgate vLinker cables. I recently had to reinstall an older version of Forscan to get my cable to work. My friend bought the Vgate cable and that works so much faster than my Tunnelrat cable, so I'll be getting one of those soon.  

Try flicking the switch and connecting again.

Have you installed the drivers correctly

FORScan works well with Windows 7

It probably works with Windows 10 but I've not tried it.

Have you changed the setting in FORScan from 'Demo Mode' to 'Debug Mode' ?

32 minutes ago, unofix said:

Perfect on 10

35 minutes ago, unofix said:

FORScan works well with Windows 7

Have you changed the setting in FORScan from 'Demo Mode' to 'Debug Mode' ?

Yes,its in debug mode.

Just not connecting to car,probably something simple,as I said will probably try a more up to date laptop.

The adaptor I got, there were no instructions just a CD in with adaptor

WIll be worth trying older versions of Forscan too. As I mentioned, my cable would not work with the latest version of Forscan, but installing an older version (which I knew that worked previously) allowed it to work.

Old versions here

• Like 1

Also try installing Runtime its neccesary even with FORscan and helps with laptop/cable comms. usually available on the jamessimpson.com site

1 hour ago, Frembrit said:

WIll be worth trying older versions of Forscan too. As I mentioned, my cable would not work with the latest version of Forscan, but installing an older version (which I knew that worked previously) allowed it to work.

Old versions here

Thanks,what version would you suggest ? Car is 2014 Focus Zetec S

Go 1 back 2.3.47 wont hurt as its free try and if not joy go 2.3.45, remember to also add runtime when installing, and for some features you will need the extended licence.

7 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

Go 1 back 2.3.47 wont hurt as its free try and if not joy go 2.3.45, remember to also add runtime when installing, and for some features you will need the extended licence.

Will try later,only want to diagnose a problem that isnt showing up on a basic obd2 scanner,do not want to change any features,trying to save myself £95 from Ford

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TerryS said:

Will try later,only want to diagnose a problem that isnt showing up on a basic obd2 scanner,do not want to change any features,trying to save myself £95 from Ford

Go on the Forscan forum and read the posts about connection settings, it's probably something daft

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TerryS said:

Thanks,what version would you suggest ? Car is 2014 Focus Zetec S

I can't remember and not anywhere near my laptop currently but it was quite a few versions back, maybe one in 2020.

You should get your money back for that adaptor.

FORScan don't make adaptors and the only four named ones that they recommend on their download page don't call themselves FORScan adaptors, any that do are likely to be poor quality clones.

• Like 6

On 9/27/2022 at 9:43 PM, TerryS said:

Hi all,downloaded Forscan all good,put cd in for adaptor,adaptor connected to forscan,but error,unable to connect to car turn ignition on,have tried everything,but nothing seems to work,any ideas would be appreciated

https://www.bmdiag.co.uk/forscan-diagnostic-cable-for-ford-vgate-vlinker-fs

Tried and tested.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VFR800 said:

Tried and tested.

Very true - but also out of stock 🤣

Most places are out of stock just now, even the ones who say "in stock" and then quote 14 days delivery.

6 hours ago, unofix said:

Very true - but also out of stock 🤣

Most places are out of stock just now, even the ones who say "in stock" and then quote 14 days delivery.

I have given up,sent adaptor back to seller,booked into Ford next week

Maybe someone near you has what you need, anyone can borrow my FORscan if they just ask.

On 9/29/2022 at 6:37 PM, Jimpster said:

Maybe someone near you has what you need, anyone can borrow my FORscan if they just ask.

All sorted,ordered another cable,connected straightaway,so dodgy cable to start with and got a refund,so good result,thanks for help

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ive had the same issue before and i fixed by finding the right driver..the only solution is the driver..just go to device manager and check in COM if it says driver is old you need to find the driver.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club