Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto locking when driving off

Paulies

Hi

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get a focus 2019 to auto lock when setting off?, I have tried you tube tutorials etc but not had any luck.

Paul

Yes, it takes about 10 minutes to do but you have to use FORScan software.

You can even add the option to the instrument cluster so you can turn the function on or off (not sure why you might want to turn it off). You can also add 'auto re-lock' so if a passenger gets out, the car will re-lock itself as you drive off.

FORScan : https://forscan.org/download.html

vLinker FS cable : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vgate-vLinker-Adapter-FORScan-MS-CAN/dp/B0952P4MLP/ref=asc_df_B0952P4MLP/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=534732308385&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4535887189436591558&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006688&hvtargid=pla-1430824679036&psc=1

• Like 1

In the ownership of the time you own the car, you'll probably waste more time trying to do it in Forscan than what you would by pressing a button as you close the door.

• Sad 1

autolock is a PITA especially if you leave the keys in the car !!!!!!!!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jimpster said:

autolock is a PITA especially if you leave the keys in the car

Sorry James I don't understand your comment. Drive away auto-locking only activates above 12MPH so I don't follow the bit about leaving the keys in the car.

4 minutes ago, unofix said:

Sorry James I don't understand your comment. Drive away auto-locking only activates above 12MPH so I don't follow the bit about leaving the keys in the car.

He's thinking of auto-relock.  Doors lock ~30 seconds after unlocking if you don't open a door in that time...or if you've got a faulty door module and the car thinks you haven't opened the door. 😒

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bad memories of a Mk4 Golf locking me out 10 miles from home on a Sunday morning.  Needless to say I didn't put off replacing the door module any longer!  :laugh:

Also never shut the door with the keys inside any car since...just in case! :whistling:

9 hours ago, unofix said:

Yes, it takes about 10 minutes to do but you have to use FORScan software.

You can even add the option to the instrument cluster so you can turn the function on or off (not sure why you might want to turn it off). You can also add 'auto re-lock' so if a passenger gets out, the car will re-lock itself as you drive off.

FORScan : https://forscan.org/download.html

vLinker FS cable : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vgate-vLinker-Adapter-FORScan-MS-CAN/dp/B0952P4MLP/ref=asc_df_B0952P4MLP/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=534732308385&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4535887189436591558&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006688&hvtargid=pla-1430824679036&psc=1

Thanks for the reply and it doesn’t look to expensive shame there isn’t another way.

8 hours ago, shawty1984 said:

In the ownership of the time you own the car, you'll probably waste more time trying to do it in Forscan than what you would by pressing a button as you close the door.

Your probably right but I’m sure there’s will be a YouTube video out there which does a walk through 🙈

54 minutes ago, Paulies said:

I’m sure there’s will be a YouTube video out there which does a walk through

I'm 100% sure there will not be a YouTube video on how to activate it on a UK model without the use of FORScan.

Ford removed the drive away locking on UK models more than 10 years ago. It's easy to reactivate it in the menus using FORScan. The methods shown in the owners handbook and found online do not work for the UK.

20 hours ago, Paulies said:

Your probably right but I’m sure there’s will be a YouTube video out there which does a walk through 🙈

You're right, there will be. So that's a 10 minute video and then 10 minutes to do it yourself, so overall a time of 20 mins all so you don't have to press a button as you close the door 😂

Obviously in the grand scheme of things, 20 minutes isn't much. But having to press one button doesn't bother me. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 4:26 PM, shawty1984 said:

You're right, there will be. So that's a 10 minute video and then 10 minutes to do it yourself, so overall a time of 20 mins all so you don't have to press a button as you close the door 😂

Obviously in the grand scheme of things, 20 minutes isn't much. But having to press one button doesn't bother me. 

It doesn’t bother me either problem is I always foget 🙈

I eventually got forscan and now I’m auto locking , which leads me onto my next question ….

while looking around in Bdycm there was a child lock option one I think said enable child lock and the next one down just said child lock I had a mess and nothing seemed to happen but in my daze I can’t remember which the 2 options were set to. Does anyone here have a Ford Focus 2019 who could check there settings for the child lock and report back please 🙏.

Paul

36 minutes ago, Paulies said:

while looking around in Bdycm there was a child lock option one I think said enable child lock and the next one down just said child lock I had a mess and nothing seemed to happen but in my daze I can’t remember which the 2 options were set to. Does anyone here have a Ford Focus 2019 who could check there settings for the child lock and report back please 🙏.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................................

and that is the reason that you should ALWAYS save the module settings before making any change.

So now you've learnt not to do that again, I'll tell you how to fix the problem (it's cold, dark, and very wet outside so I'm not going to look at my settings tonight). Connect FORScan to your car and select the Bdycm as you did before. Make sure your laptop is connected to the internet via WiFi. Look at the bottom of the FORScan page and you will see a Tab/Button that is marked "AB" or "Load AB" If you click on that FORScan will download from the Ford severs the "As Built" file for your Bdycm. When finished it will have put it back the way your car was when it left the factory. -- Sleep Well 👍

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, unofix said:

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................................

and that is the reason that you should ALWAYS save the module settings before making any change.

So now you've learnt not to do that again, I'll tell you how to fix the problem (it's cold, dark, and very wet outside so I'm not going to look at my settings tonight). Connect FORScan to your car and select the Bdycm as you did before. Make sure your laptop is connected to the internet via WiFi. Look at the bottom of the FORScan page and you will see a Tab/Button that is marked "AB" or "Load AB" If you click on that FORScan will download from the Ford severs the "As Built" file for your Bdycm. When finished it will have put it back the way your car was when it left the factory. -- Sleep Well 👍

Thank you, I’ll go try that later 👍

• Like 1

Here is a Screenshot of my May 2019 Titanium. Nothing has been changed and Child Locks have never been enabled in my Instrument Cluster.image.thumb.png.e8d186726978e559271273dc97b55405.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tizer said:

Here is a Screenshot of my May 2019 Titanium. Nothing has been changed and Child Locks have never been enabled in my Instrument Cluster.image.thumb.png.e8d186726978e559271273dc97b55405.png

Thanks for the screen shot before I started messaging child lock mode was enabled and I’m sure just child was disabled so I enabled it think it might activate automatically but nothing happened, so I disabled it then  the child button didn’t work at all then until I re-enabled. To be fair it works fine I’m just curious why disabling the child lock stops it all working when I’m sure it was disabled in the first place.

3 hours ago, Paulies said:

Thanks for the screen shot before I started messaging child lock mode was enabled and I’m sure just child was disabled so I enabled it think it might activate automatically but nothing happened, so I disabled it then  the child button didn’t work at all then until I re-enabled. To be fair it works fine I’m just curious why disabling the child lock stops it all working when I’m sure it was disabled in the first place.

I don't know. Sometimes when something is changed it needs to enabled or disabled in other Modules as well, such as the Instrument Cluster as well as the BCM.

The thing about FORScan is that it is more of a project rather than a business and it covers the hundreds of variants intended for other markets as well, so it is not the same as the Ford dealer tool.

The other thing is that curiosity killed the cat and it is very easy to brick a car and can be expensive to put it right. 

Just bought the cable to do my MK4 Focus ST. Auto-lock is something I have questioned Ford on and they refuse point blank to allow us UK folk to have it.

Hopefully I can get it working on mine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tizer said:

I don't know. Sometimes when something is changed it needs to enabled or disabled in other Modules as well, such as the Instrument Cluster as well as the BCM.

The thing about FORScan is that it is more of a project rather than a business and it covers the hundreds of variants intended for other markets as well, so it is not the same as the Ford dealer tool.

The other thing is that curiosity killed the cat and it is very easy to brick a car and can be expensive to put it right. 

I’m going to regret asking this question but is it possible to get the option on the instrument panel? I did read somewhere once it was enabled that it was then possible to disable and enable again at your leisure.

9 minutes ago, LukeJQuinn said:

Just bought the cable to do my MK4 Focus ST. Auto-lock is something I have questioned Ford on and they refuse point blank to allow us UK folk to have it.

Hopefully I can get it working on mine.

Works great on mine I’ve just got use to the auto lock over time

32 minutes ago, Paulies said:

I’m going to regret asking this question but is it possible to get the option on the instrument panel? I did read somewhere once it was enabled that it was then possible to disable and enable again at your leisure.

I'm the wrong person to ask, I use FORScan a lot for diagnostic work but not for configuration and programming. A lot of other people use it for the opposite and I'm sure some of them will know and be able to answer. 

My gut feeling is that you probably can if you know how.

2 hours ago, Paulies said:

Yes you can have it added to the menu on the instrument cluster.

After you have got Auto-Locking activated in the BCM you can go back in to the BCM settings and also add 'Auto Re-lock' so that if while driving you stop to let someone get out the car will auto re-lock when you drive off.

Then you can go to the IPC settings and add the various options for the menu. The options show up in the IPC display in the vehicle settings - Locks.

• Like 1

So managed to enable the Auto Lock Feature on my Focus ST 22'. The process is slightly different than I've found on this forum and on YouTube videos. Anyone wishing to do it, get the cable and ForScan of course first.

Look for 'BdyCM Module Configuration' then search for Auto. You'll then see the Auto lock options. Enable the two below then WRITE. The Auto lock will kick in at 14mph (couldn't see the mph setting but not too bothered)

Auto-Lock.thumb.PNG.482aa16aa760c7f0279dde542244ab0b.PNG 

.........................................................................................................................................

On another note, I decided to enable the below also. Mad that Ford do not have these features enabled or at least give you the option to. (enabling does come with risks of course, but don't foresee any issues enabling these)

180410553_SettingsWalkAway.thumb.PNG.d95f325671cc8c748846de403a6e21f0.PNG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club