Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 low mpgs

t1337

1.6 zetec petrol automatic, driving it like a granny but only averaging about 18mpg in the city, getting about 200 miles per tank. Been fully serviced recently, any ideas?

36 minutes ago, t1337 said:

1.6 zetec petrol automatic, driving it like a granny but only averaging about 18mpg in the city, getting about 200 miles per tank. Been fully serviced recently, any ideas?

Ironically, and not to openly boast, but this week I got my highest ever MPG figure from my 2005 1.6 petrol Mk2.  Over a full 330 miles, driving like Miss Daisy, and on BP Ultimate, I actually achieved 38 mpg! Yes, I was shocked too LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well the deserves a trophy if anything does ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, t1337 said:

18mpg in the city,

It depends on how long each city trip is.  If it's 1 mile each time then the engine never warms up and could easily give you a very low figure. But on the face of it, it does sound low to me too.

i regularly return 23mpg round town, nearer 30mpg on a run, its standard for the gutless 1.6.

I still don't understand why anyone bought these new.  Very poor on fuel, very expensive to tax, very slow.  Where's the redeeming feature? 

Could've bought a 1.6 TDCI instead, much more torque, easy 50+mpg average and only £30 a year to tax.

• Like 2

my mk2 1.6 zetec ti-vct drinks petrol as well

least we dont have to charge it for 24 hrs to go to the corner shop 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I still don't understand why anyone bought these new.  Very poor on fuel, very expensive to tax, very slow.  Where's the redeeming feature? 

Could've bought a 1.6 TDCI instead, much more torque, easy 50+mpg average and only £30 a year to tax.

Would've had one if I didn't live in this ***** ULEZ zone

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, t1337 said:

Would've had one if I didn't live in this ***** ULEZ zone

That's a shame. :sad: 

Buying used is a different situation though.  I've had to compromise on my own used cars quite often as you can only have what someone else bought new!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That's a shame. :sad: 

Buying used is a different situation though.  I've had to compromise on my own used cars quite often as you can only have what someone else bought new!

My main criteria is colour and insurace costs, now road tax also get in on the act

Plus you cant find a decent TDCI for sensible money.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

My main criteria is colour and insurace costs, now road tax also get in on the act

Colour comes quite far down my criteria list.  As long as it's not red.  :laugh: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Colour comes quite far down my criteria list.  As long as it's not red.  :laugh: 

I have 2 colour criteria, not red, and not white LOL

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

Plus you cant find a decent TDCI for sensible money.

What do you call sensible money?  I'm struggling to price mine!

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

What do you call sensible money?  I'm struggling to price mine!

I suppose it depends on where you are, the boy racers modders love them up this way hence my silly money comment. Am on a couple of FB mk2 sites and they soon get snapped up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimpster said:

I suppose it depends on where you are, the boy racers modders love them up this way hence my silly money comment. Am on a couple of FB mk2 sites and they soon get snapped up.

I don't really use FB nowadays but I think that probably is the best option for selling older cars now.  Costs about £50 to sell on eBay or Autotrader, and I don't think the car buying sites will offer enough for it.  (Rightly so, considering it's low retail value).  Will be MOT'd this week then I've really got to push to get it sold as soon as possible.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I have 2 colour criteria, not red, and not white LOL

Just 2. Are you sure ?

Orange.JPG

6 minutes ago, unofix said:

Just 2. Are you sure ?

I actually like that LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've seen burnt oranges and quite like those

24 minutes ago, unofix said:

Just 2. Are you sure ?

Orange.JPG

ahh, come on Unofix! - fords orange is an great colour, would of gladly had mine in it if it was availible !!...

15 minutes ago, simon401982 said:

fords orange is an great colour, would of gladly had mine in it if it was availible !!...

I fear that you have not made the connection between Orange and Stephens geographical location 🤣 At least he'd be fine as long as he didn't fancy a trip down south 😉

4 minutes ago, unofix said:

I fear that you have not made the connection between Orange and Stephens geographical location 🤣 At least he'd be fine as long as he didn't fancy a trip down south 😉

Now, just to totally screw this argument up, I also like this colour too LOL I know, I'm confused :laugh:

1335907511_greenfocus.thumb.jpg.82198240007be347eb65a1f9bd8a8ec0.jpg

• Haha 2

ahh, of course you Unofix - got me again there, missed that joke completely....👨‍🦯

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I know, I'm confused 

That's the wrong advert !

The future's bright, the future's Orange  (circa 1996)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

That's the wrong advert !

The future's bright, the future's Orange  (circa 1996)

Well, we always have the new St Greta ad

The future's bleak, the future's Green (circa 2016) 

• Sad 1