Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So this just happened

Stoney871

Sat at home minding my business then got a knock on my door to see a Traffic Officer stood there and-

20230526_130029.thumb.jpg.81b6b7194f656fe4165cea8d628b0d30.jpg20230526_130123.thumb.jpg.15b44dc41167623142bfbbf1a48d7434.jpg

And just before the bank hokiday weekend as well.

• Sad 9

Yep, annoying, but at least you have the culprit.  I came back to my car in the car park to some front offside damage and no sign of a note 🤬

I've had it less than 2 months too.

20230526_134135.thumb.jpg.75eedeefabe4896c4fbb428deb029ab3.jpg20230526_134125.thumb.jpg.60ec45e47093db8cd624cbdfd8dd484a.jpg

• Sad 1

People seem to be aiming for the green ones! :unsure: 

• Haha 2

Looking at it in the flesh it looks like that wheel is pushed forward as well.

If they can't repair that quarter panel then it's going to be a big fix as it's all part of the roof too.

Witnesses said it was s slow crash and the driver lost control due to their tyre blowing but I reckon that they panicked and hit the wrong pedal, the amount of damage and my car getting pushed up over the kerb makes it look like a much harder hit.

I looked at their wheel and the metal was split & buckled like it had gone over a kerb or rock.

20230526_130224.thumb.jpg.0a5ed07e632225d63decc72e0a25c28c.jpg

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s moved the suspension mounting points as it’s a twist beam axle. Would need that corner checked on a jig if the floor pan and roof ok.

2 minutes ago, RL123 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s moved the suspension mounting points as it’s a twist beam axle. Would need that corner checked on a jig if the floor pan and roof ok.

It's not twist beam on the ST. It's still multi-link.

The wheel is definitely moved forward at least a couple of inches.

Just had to submit photos to insurance snd should get a hire car some time tonight.

They reckon I'll get an automatic A class Mercedes but I'll find out for sure when they get back to me.

Fingers crossed it's just bent suspension components and hasn't twisted the frame.

If it was mine I'd rather have it written off and get a like for like replacement as it's so new.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If it was mine I'd rather have it written off and get a like for like replacement as it's so new.

Well if they write it off it'll take ages to get a replacement.

This one took 7 months to arrive.

Less than 2k on the clock too.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Well if they write it off it'll take ages to get a replacement.

This one took 7 months to arrive.

Less than 2k on the clock too.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

If they don't write it off it'll still take months to repair.  Though hopefully not 7 of them.

They're insuring a sub 6 second to 60 car, maybe you can get a sub 6 second courtesy? Insist on the AMG A Class 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

They're insuring a sub 6 second to 60 car, maybe you can get a sub 6 second courtesy? Insist on the AMG A Class 😉

If only.

At least it's not a fricking Corsa.

🤮🤢🥴🤮

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

It's not twist beam on the ST. It's still multi-

6 minutes ago, RL123 said:

I didn’t think the Puma ever had multi link including the st. 

It didn't - but Clive's car is a Focus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

It didn't - but Clive's car is a Focus.

Sorry, confused by the colour

52 minutes ago, RL123 said:

So was the driver that hit me 🤔

I think she had ADOS.

(Attention Deficit...Ooh Shiny)

• Haha 2

I reckon that’ll be written off, which looking at the damage would be my preferred outcome if I were you. 

My 3 series was written off for this ..0280842E-62A7-420E-87CB-75D0760F4E13.thumb.jpeg.0c10868d7d1d660b37b29a8f65f3e841.jpeg

I got 15k off the insurance.

30 minutes ago, Hooded said:

I reckon that’ll be written off, which looking at the damage would be my preferred outcome if I were you. 

My 3 series was written off for this ..0280842E-62A7-420E-87CB-75D0760F4E13.thumb.jpeg.0c10868d7d1d660b37b29a8f65f3e841.jpeg

Seeing as it's pretty much brand new I hope not.

Tbh, rear end damage is far less serious than front end

6 hours ago, RL123 said:

It's called 'Performance Blue' Clive has it in his profile 🤣

6 hours ago, unofix said:

It's called 'Performance Blue' Clive has it in his profile 🤣

Aye, forgot to update that.

Resolved now.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Hooded said:

Looking at the Focus picture and the newness of the car, it would need to be 5 figure damage to consider writing it off I would have thought. Don't cars generally only get written off if they are uneconomical to repair?

Edit: Quick online search.....

Insurers guidelines as to when to write a vehicle off vary and can be when the repair costs are anywhere between 50 – 70% of the value of the vehicle.

11 hours ago, tomo2001 said:

Looking at the Focus picture and the newness of the car, it would need to be 5 figure damage to consider writing it off I would have thought. Don't cars generally only get written off if they are uneconomical to repair?

Edit: Quick online search.....

Insurers guidelines as to when to write a vehicle off vary and can be when the repair costs are anywhere between 50 – 70% of the value of the vehicle.

I reckon the repair costs will be quite high. The quarter is one of the hardest parts to repair and the OP said the wheel has been moved a few inches so there’s likely a lot of damage we can’t see from the pics. 

5 hours ago, Hooded said:

I reckon the repair costs will be quite high. The quarter is one of the hardest parts to repair and the OP said the wheel has been moved a few inches so there’s likely a lot of damage we can’t see from the pics. 

Shouldn't be applicable in this case as the Focus is too new, but I had a non fault accident in December last year. What surprised me in all the literature from the insurance companies (Hastings being the repairer) they now indicate they can potentially use 2nd hand parts in the repair process to expedite the repair and keep costs down.