Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THINK THE CAR WAS JUMPED INCORRECTLY

Gotnocars

I acquired a 1993 Granada Scorpio 2.0 auto that was a non starter (I'm no mechanic). I had a mobile car electrician look at it and he rewired the loom damage but it still won't fire up. He suggested the next move was to replace the electronic ignition box. Where do you get one of those from? Then if that doesn't work he said the next thing would be to examine the fuel ECU - Who can deal with those? Are they available or do they have to be rebuilt? Obviously my biggest issue is that I can't drive it to whoever can fix it.

Does what I've been told seem correct to those of you in the know? All suggestions to stop my car from being a boat anchor will be much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Gotnocars said:

I acquired a 1993 Granada Scorpio 2.0 auto that was a non starter...

You titled your thread, "THINK THE CAR WAS JUMPED INCORRECTLY...". Yet make no mention of it in your post. Did the car work prior to 'jump starting' it (without a flat battery), or what is the significance that makes you think the troubles started with the jump?

Best place to buy parts for these was probably the 2000's, they won't be easy to source now.

It really needs some further diagnosis done rather than just replacing parts. 

Firstly, is any spark being produced when the engine is turned over?  If you're unsure how to check, unscrew a plug, pop it back in the HT lead, carefully hold the lead so that the bottom of the plug touches the engine block then get someone else to turn the engine over.  You should see a nice blue spark if it's working.

If no spark, does the immobiliser light flash?  (Pretty sure these would have had an immobiliser in '93 but please correct me if I'm wrong).

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club