Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner of Ford Fiesta 1.4 (EST)

Flo_ect-06

Recently passed (auto license) and found my first car a Ford Fiesta 1.4 Durashift (EST) 2006. 

I have some questions for anyone who has experience with EST or this exact car previously. 

Am I right in thinking I need to use the drive function to manually change gears in order to maintain the vehicle? As I only use auto mode. 

I have noticed the gears struggle to change down or up at times for example when approaching a roundabout and lowering speed car still wants to stay in third gear. Annoying at times. I suppose I could combat this by manually using the -/+ on the D function. 

Otherwise a great first car on my budget and finally having that added freedom. Only 48,000 miles on the clock at purchase had two previous owners and well looked after. 

I suppose in short I’m a bit nervous with the semi auto option and just want some reassurance and knowledge from individuals who have experience in this area.

Thank you in advance! 

Auto is fine, just bear in mind, it's not a conventional automatic gearbox, it's a conventional manual gearbox with a motorised clutch and gear shift mechanism.

Give it time to do what it wants, it take as long to change up and down as a manual does. It also has a conventional clutch which can wear too.

Keep the mechanism lubricated and adjusted regularly and keep the car battery in tip top condition 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club