Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Krooklock

聽Share

Hi, my daughter is buying a 64 plate Fiesta zetec, for added security going to get her a steering lock, what type/model do you Fiesta owners recommend , thinking of one not too cumbersome for her , thanks for any advice馃憤馃徎

Disklok (small) is one of the steering locks I've read that's worth buying, the bars aren't as much of a deterrent.

• Like 2

Thanks , will have a peek.

18 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Disklok (small) is one of the steering locks I've read that's worth buying, the bars aren't as much of a deterrent.

Not cheap but they are worth the additional coast. I've had mine about 24 years and it still going strong聽

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Doylie said:

I've had mine about 24 years

I doubt anyone is going to steal a 24 year old disklok 馃ぃ

• Haha 6

22 hours ago, 24008943 said:

thinking of one not too cumbersome for her馃憤馃徎

Diskloks are certainly good (I've had one a lot longer than 24 years and it (or the car it's attached to) have never been stolen).

Can be a bit of a fiddle to put on and off though, particularly if doing multiple stops and I do also have a brake lock which is easier to use for a quick pop into the shops:

https://www.milenco.com/products/automotive-security/automotive-security-wheel-locks

• Like 1

Hi i just bought one of these for my 2013 fiesta zetec,four days ago and it is very sturdy聽

Turnart Premium Steering Wheel Lock with Alarm, Anti-Theft Device with 120 dB Super Loud Siren, Universal Fit for Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs, 2 Keys

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, chrisd2 said:

Hi i just bought one of these for my 2013 fiesta zetec,four days ago and it is very sturdy聽

Turnart Premium Steering Wheel Lock with Alarm, Anti-Theft Device with 120 dB Super Loud Siren, Universal Fit for Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs, 2 Keys

One of these?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turnart-Premium-Steering-Anti-Theft-Universal/dp/B09WCRG7BB

However as other said above I am happy with my yellow (small) Discklok which I bought 25 or so years ago for my first car. I don't think the design has changed over the years, maybe just the colour. The only downside is the size of it, but I keep it under the passenger seat (rear footwell) or put it in boot in the rare occasion I have passengers in the rear.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, will see what type she prefers, the Disloc seems a decent 聽bit of kit 馃憤馃徎

Her 64 plate Zetec has Bluetooth/Reverse sensors/spare tyre, thought maybe only the Titanium and St-line had them fitted or would they 聽have been offered on Zetecs as "extras" ?

28 minutes ago, 24008943 said:

Her 64 plate Zetec has Bluetooth/Reverse sensors/spare tyre, thought maybe only the Titanium and St-line had them fitted or would they 聽have been offered on Zetecs as "extras" ?

Yes, you could get all those as a factory option, though rear park sensors were also available as a dealer fit accessory.

Many thanks for that鈽猴笍

Well as advised she has a Discloc now馃憤馃徎

Spotted this novel anti theft gizmo whilst whilst looking at her options, but too fiddly for her , never came across one before but a good idea.IMG_3036.thumb.jpeg.914f8e4b4408124bb9983a932242ef82.jpegIMG_3036.thumb.jpeg.914f8e4b4408124bb9983a932242ef82.jpeg

IMG_3037.jpeg

For 拢8.63 I can't imagine it will be very strong. Could probably just stamp on the pedal to break it.

been down this road a lot and tried and tested and watched all the videos, pedal locks forget, they cut the end of the pedals off.聽

Club locks are useless, they cut through steering wheel and pull them off.

Disklock are the only ones I would say are the best. I have one on my car.. fiddly though, if i used my car daily then I probably would just go for a ghost immobiliser.

• Like 2

With Fiestas in particular being so nickable, would it be an idea to remove one of the crucial fuses from under the bonnet and just take it with you? I know it seems drastic but if the cars being left for any length of time then this would at least immobilise it irregardless of any of the latest techniques regarding key cloning that thieves use.

When I was looking into steering locks myself the general consensus from tests and reviews and videos seemed to be that the stoplock pro took just as long to break into as the disklock. Obviously the disklock is more fiddly to get on and is more expensive so I think for using it as a deterrent the stoplock or any equivilent ones are probably good enough. Although from a phsycological point of view mabye the discklock will look harder to get into so less thieves may try it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club