Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Rear Subframe

PhilJack1982

Hello I had this note after my service. What does it mean and is it serious?  Thank you

20240326_111827.jpg

You will need to replace your rear bushes may fail its MOT. I'll let more technical people give you more detail

Rear subframe bushes are quite important on the Mk6.  They are the only thing holding the rear axle on.

Looks to be a common problem with the MK6 Ford Fiesta. The back axle fell  off : r/TheFrontFellOff

Pothole tears the rear axle off of a Ford Fiesta in Bognor Regis | Daily  Mail Online

Amazing photo shows Ford Fiesta with back axle completely detached in  middle of Edinburgh

Bit of an awkward and time consuming job unfortunately.  The bushes are cheap, but labour is likely to be a couple of hours.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Rear subframe bushes are quite important on the Mk6.  They are the only thing holding the rear axle on.

Looks to be a common problem with the MK6 Ford Fiesta. The back axle fell  off : r/TheFrontFellOff

Pothole tears the rear axle off of a Ford Fiesta in Bognor Regis | Daily  Mail Online

Amazing photo shows Ford Fiesta with back axle completely detached in  middle of Edinburgh

Bit of an awkward and time consuming job unfortunately.  The bushes are cheap, but labour is likely to be a couple of hours.

Cheers.

Presumably this doesn't apply to the Mk 7 onwards ?

42 minutes ago, Magenta said:

Presumably this doesn't apply to the Mk 7 onwards ?

I haven't seen it happen to a Mk7 so far.  Although they do use a similar setup and the bushes are also prone to wear.

I believe the above pictures were also caused by rusty/rotten steel axle brackets or chassis mounting points.  The brackets are only designed for up & down forces.  Once the bush wears, it allows sideways movement in the rear axle which puts more strain through the brackets.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club