Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Turbo oil leak

Henjons
聽Share

I have a 2014 Fiesta Ecoboost 1.0 with 82000 km. The engine and transmission is out of the car for a cambelt and clutch replacement. When taking some of the pipework off I found some oil at the bottom of the intercooler inlet pipe. Maybe 2-3mm or so, and enough to warrant some further investigation !聽 The turbo has what I think is normal radial play, and basically no axial play. Engine ran great with no codes or high oil consumption when I took it out.

Any thoughts or experiences around this from Ecoboost land ? Replacing the turbo is easy enough, but they do cost a bit so if its not needed...馃檪

Let me know !聽 聽/ Henjons

With turbos being lubricated (and cooled) by oil under pressure it is inevitable that some oil will make its way past the bearings and seals into the inlet pipe, and as you've found this will typically collect at the lowest point with no way out. Exactly when the quantity goes from 'expected' to 'excessive' is hard to say but if there are no other signs of excessive oil consumption I wouldn't worry about it. Totally understandable to wonder though if you weren't expecting to see it in there.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply !

Yes, some oil is to be expected, but it was the amount that got me worried. But as you say since its working alright I will leave it alone for now !

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club