Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Maps

Old_Timer

Hello, Yesterday I updated my car's Sync3 OS from 3.4.19200 to 3.4.23188 via a USB stick. Once I uploaded the *.xml file to confirm the update, I was able to download the file needed to update my maps. The car currently has Maps Version F8. I see when unzipping the maps download to my USB stick that a lot of the files are dated the 19th of April 2024. The USB installation instructions states under Vehicle Update: "The first part includes the map installation and takes approximately 90-120 minutes. The second part completes the update and takes approximately 3 minutes" The recommendation is to initiate the update before starting a journey of approximately 2 hours. As I haven't been able to find out the following, can someone tell me please how often the maps are updated, what the current version is and what geographical area is covered by them. Thank you.

They are usually updated every 12-18 months. However they are a year old as they come out. The latest map data, F12 came out last year so is from 2022. 
It covers the whole of Europe. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, alexp999 said:

They are usually updated every 12-18 months. However they are a year old as they come out. 

Thanks for the reply. That makes me wonder why Ford bother to provide a Sat Nav service at all. It seems they are happy with a 'better than nothing' philosophy, probably expecting most owners to use their smartphones anyway.

On 5/3/2024 at 7:45 AM, Old_Timer said:

Thanks for the reply. That makes me wonder why Ford bother to provide a Sat Nav service at all. It seems they are happy with a 'better than nothing' philosophy, probably expecting most owners to use their smartphones anyway.

I think that's the case with some other manufacturers aswell.

Toyota map updates were a year old aswell when they got released, athough they did 2 updates a year so a bitt better then ford.

With toyota after the first 3 years you have to pay for map updates.

I have no idea how long will give updates out for, but my focus is 3 years old and i can still get map updates.

On 5/2/2024 at 1:52 PM, alexp999 said:

They are usually updated every 12-18 months. However they are a year old as they come out. The latest map data, F12 came out last year so is from 2022. 
It covers the whole of Europe. 

I am surprise the latest map is from 2022, these are quite a lot of roads that have changed since then. In saying that, I've never updated mine, I always use Waze on my phone, or plug it in for Andriod Auto (Google or Waze).

I can remember driving home from Knockhill, and Waze on my phone sent me across the new (Kincardine?) bridge, the cars satnav thought I was swimming, lol!

I've never been impressed with the Ford sat nav 

I just plug my phone in to the car and use Waze or a Google maps 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club