Do Not Sell My Personal Information

engine swap

jack.chop123

i have a 2012 fiesta titanium looking to engine swap it for a bigger engine any ideas on the engine i can use etc 

any advice would be appreciated 

• Sad 1

In most cases probably easier/cheaper/less insurance hassle with "modifications" to swap the car, but what engine have you got now?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

In most cases probably easier/cheaper/less insurance hassle with "modifications" to swap the car, but what engine have you got now?

This all day long

It's not just the engine but all the electronics that will probably cause as much hassle.

Just sell it and get you you really want. Remember a car with a bigger engine from the factory will likely have better brakes, uprated parts etc

Insurance will likely be expensive too

It's not like the old days when you could easily swap a 1.6 and 2.0 pinto or similar, could all be done in an afternoon 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yeah, just get a 1.6 Zetec-S or an ST

13 hours ago, jack.chop123 said:

Probably the easiest option would be the 1.6 as fitted to the Titanium and Zetec S. Several used engines advertised around the web if you have a look around.

Can't recall a thread on here where anyone's actually done it (although this topic has come up.many times before, e.g. https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/2061-what-is-the-biggest-engine-i-can-fit-into-a-fiesta/), so no guide on what else is required e.g. electrics, brakes, clutch, gearing, etc.

As already said, unless you are looking for a project and have the capabilities, putting your cash towards trading for a 1.6 Titanium, Zetec S/Metal or even an early 1.6ST would be a better bet.

Hi.

If you ever need any help with insurance at all for a change of engine then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club