Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BCM car not start

jamierobert101

Hello

Brought a used BCM for my fiesta 2019 mk8

Couldn't copy load the ASBUILT file just kept saying service interrupted.

Anyhow, decided to put the old one back in now car is completely dead no signs of life not even from the key fob? Any ideas.

For what reason did you change the BCM ?

Have you checked the car battery voltage is still at least 12.4V after swapping the BCM back ?

You need to disconnect the negative lead for 20 minutes and the reconnect to force a reboot of all modules.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, unofix said:

For what reason did you change the BCM ?

Have you checked the car battery voltage is still at least 12.4V after swapping the BCM back ?

You need to disconnect the negative lead for 20 minutes and the reconnect to force a reboot of all modules.

I think he's screwed the original up messing around with Forscan...see the other three posts.

My advice...take it to someone who knows what they are doing....i.e. a Ford dealer...now don't laugh, can't believe I just said that 🤣 or a good auto electrican.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's all sorted mate. 

I am a novice to say the least but willing to try. It's all working now,unfortunately it wasn't plugged in pushed all the way down.. rookie error. 

I got a new BCM as I couldn't see the IPC on the list at all. I was advised by a ford lad it could be a reason thst my bcm has failed. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club