Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 2013 Keyless door lock snapped!

fes2k6

Hello everyone. Hope you're all well!

I need some help with removing a snapped door lock on my Ford Fiesta 2013 keyless model please. 

Some wannabe car jackers managed to snap half of the door off leaving half of the locking mechanism inside the hole. They did manage to open the door as i saw the access cover to the obd port was open. Thankfully something deterred them and they ratted off.

I've purchased a replacement lock and bezel but unfortunately I'm unable to remove the snapped off portion of the lock which is still inside the hole. The securing screw is free from the lock yet the piece still won't come out. I've tried gently pulling with some pliers and it still won't budge. 

Can somebody please explain how I'm supposed to remove the lock please? I think may be engaged with the locking components inside the car and it won't unlock anymore if that makes sense. Picture below. Thanks

IMG-20240429-WA0010.jpg

• Sad 1

I don't think Ford ever intended for this to happen, so there's no method you're supposed to use here.

The thieves just hammer a screwdriver into the barrel, so have probably forced that outer part back too far.  I'd recommend using a lot more force to pull it.

The only alternative would be to remove the inner door panel so that you can remove the complete latch assembly, then work on it away from the car.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The only alternative would be to remove the inner door panel so that you can remove the complete latch assembly, then work on it away from the car.

I'd personally favour the complete removal from the door method. 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't think Ford ever intended for this to happen, so there's no method you're supposed to use here.

The thieves just hammer a screwdriver into the barrel, so have probably forced that outer part back too far.  I'd recommend using a lot more force to pull it.

The lock is missing. The metal faceplate has been ripped off leaving the rear part of the lock which sits inside the hole as seen in the picture. They have not knocked the lock further into the hole. 

Taking the door card off seems hella complicated, something may not have the confidence to do myself. Can we be certain that this is the only way to remove the lock? I can try applying more force with pliers but fear damaging internal components.

10 hours ago, fes2k6 said:

The lock is missing. The metal faceplate has been ripped off leaving the rear part of the lock which sits inside the hole as seen in the picture. They have not knocked the lock further into the hole. 

Taking the door card off seems hella complicated, something may not have the confidence to do myself. Can we be certain that this is the only way to remove the lock? I can try applying more force with pliers but fear damaging internal components.

The part that's left there is the outer cylinder of the lock barrel as far as I can see.  It has a central groove around it where the securing screw goes through the side to lock it in place.  That cylinder shouldn't be connected to anything else.  The lock barrel was originally connected to the part with two posts (that's the barrel to latch connection that does the actual unlocking) using the star shaped washer at the back, but if that whole internal lock barrel has been removed, the washer must have been broken off.  If that is the case, I can't see how any further internal damage could be caused.  However, I do believe the plastic lock mount may have been damaged already by forcing the lock in too far, and that's what's preventing the outer barrel from being removed, even with the screw fully out.

Yes, removing the door panel will be the only way to access it if it doesn't come out with a firmer tug.

Genuine Ford Courier EcoSport Fiesta Lock Cylinder Repair Kit 04/2014- 1765198 - Picture 1 of 7

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club