Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Finesse Burning Oil How Much Is Acceptable

james_60

Hello

My g/f's 1.25 Finesse is losing oil.

We did a trip from north wales to st austell in cornwall and it used 2.5 litres of oil in 300 miles.

When the car is standing there is no oil under the car.

We have not noticed blue smoke as well.

The car has done 63500 miles and is a 2004 54 plate

Jamie

Hello

We did a trip from north wales to st austell in cornwall and it used 2.5 litres of oil in 300 miles.

Jamie

Something drastically wrong there mate.

I would expect a modest top up afetr 1000 miles if that, but there is soemthing wrong there.

How much smoke is coming from the exhaust when its running? If there's none dripping, and none visible in the engibe bay, the car is burning oil.

I wouldn't drive it while its like that if it was me mate, it could seize

Hello

Jamie

jamie that is a serious amount of oil to use over 300 miles, if there are no obovious signs of an external leak, then take out the spark plugs. if they are black and sooty then the oil is being burt in the cylinders. not good, either the valve seals are leaking or the piston rings are going, at 63500 miles however, i would not like to think that they are worn out. a simple compression check on each cylinder will confirm if the cylinders are holding compression, ie not leaking and allowing oil to the spark plugs. i would double check under the car to try and see if there are any leaks, is the oil level being maintained at the correct level,check it, as if you overfill the engine it will pump it out via gaskets,seals etc hope this helps.

Hi

Thankyou for the reply

taffg you quoted my message but didnt say anything ?

We will be on the look out for blue smoke from now on

~Jamie

Hi

Thankyou for the reply

taffg you quoted my message but didnt say anything ?

We will be on the look out for blue smoke from now on

~Jamie

hi jamie, i did reply to your post and i see my comments posted, however i will try again,

jamie that is a serious amount of oil to use over 300 miles, if there are no obovious signs of an external leak, then take out the spark plugs. if they are black and sooty then the oil is being burt in the cylinders. not good, either the valve seals are leaking or the piston rings are going, at 63500 miles however, i would not like to think that they are worn out. a simple compression check on each cylinder will confirm if the cylinders are holding compression, ie not leaking and allowing oil to the spark plugs. i would double check under the car to try and see if there are any leaks, is the oil level being maintained at the correct level,check it, as if you overfill the engine it will pump it out via gaskets,seals etc hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club