Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Canadian Fiesta Vs Uk Fiesta

DaveFord

I'm guessing it would not be an easy switch. The US bumper is larger than ours (for their safety regs), plus note the difference in bonnet too - the US bonnet lid/hood starts further behind the Ford badge than the euro version.

Yes, you are perfectly right...to bad I was already a bit thinking about those LED lights :D

• 1 month later...

Wasn't sure where to post these pics so thought I'd pop them in here to go with the rest of the American Ford snaps.

Pulled onto my street last week and spotted an F150 down the road! It made everything else look so narrow and toy-like.

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

I love seeing unusual stuff - especially American cars. Over the 6 months-ish in Newcastle I've spotted 2 Chevy Corvettes, a Mustang, 2 different generation Dodge Rams, this F150 and about 8 or 9 Cadillacs (probs CTS's?). Long may they continue. :D

• 11 months later...

Came across a few old US fords last month when I pulled into my local out of town shopping park, along with a few chevys too etc. (Thought this'd be a gooda place than any to post em, what with the previous american ford snaps).....

(can anyone spot my car hiding? lol)

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

When I was living in New Zealand for a couple years I had a Nissan Prairie 7-seat people carrier like this:

nissanprairiejoy002.jpg

and I pulled up beside a Dodge Ram and my "Bertha-Bus" suddenly felt so small :blink:

American cars really are huga-mungous-ginormous :o

When I was living in New Zealand for a couple years I had a Nissan Prairie 7-seat people carrier like this:

and I pulled up beside a Dodge Ram and my "Bertha-Bus" suddenly felt so small :blink:

American cars really are huga-mungous-ginormous :o

lol They sure are.

Does the badge on the rear of that nissan say Joy? is the the spec level name? lol

Yes, yes it does, Nissan Prairie "Joy" with a/c power aerial, heated seats, power windows and mirrors and 4-speed auto w/over-drive, 3 gear settings and 3 suspension settings.

Not bad for a 1994!

Yes, yes it does, Nissan Prairie "Joy" with a/c power aerial, heated seats, power windows and mirrors and 4-speed auto w/over-drive, 3 gear settings and 3 suspension settings.

Not bad for a 1994!

lol not bad at all, quite a few creature comfort features there.

While you're chucking up photos of American cars etc, thought i'd upload my American toys i had when working over there-

Vansatmio.jpg

Ford Bronco and Ford Econoline van (the Econoline was a rustbucket and was purely for transporting bikes and snowmobiles).

lol not bad at all, quite a few creature comfort features there.

Japanese cars always have more extras as standard that same priced Euro cars, especially in OZ/NZ, our next car a 1989 Toyota Corona had all the above PLUS a electric driver's seat!

e.g:

1267492165_77263326_1-1989-Toyota-Corona-Automatic-Runs-Excellently-1200-Newtown-1267492165.jpg

not my actual car as it went to the great carpark in the sky, but it was a shifty little 1.8i auto that had great standing starts that showed up huge great Holden Commodore V8's...till they caught me after 300m or so.... :unsure:

While you're chucking up photos of American cars etc, thought i'd upload my American toys i had when working over there-

Vansatmio.jpg

Ford Bronco and Ford Econoline van (the Econoline was a rustbucket and was purely for transporting bikes and snowmobiles).

Thanks for posting. I wouldn't say no to the new Ford US pickups, F150s F250s F350s etc - not that I need a pickup one bit lol

Japanese cars always have more extras as standard that same priced Euro cars, especially in OZ/NZ, our next car a 1989 Toyota Corona had all the above PLUS a electric driver's seat!

not my actual car as it went to the great carpark in the sky, but it was a shifty little 1.8i auto that had great standing starts that showed up huge great Holden Commodore V8's...till they caught me after 300m or so.... :unsure:

Hmm, think I prefer your old mini van to that

:)

Me too, but she also died, torque converter on the auto box went ba-BOOM! in a total comical style noise.

• 1 year later...

Got back from my trip to NYC and thought I'd throw up pics of some of the Fords I captured - wasn't sure where to put them but found this old thread in my favourites.

Enjoy...

Ford Edge on the left, Ford Expedition(?) on the right:

IMG_3566_zpscfdcac73.jpg

Older generation Ford Fusion (US) - [no relation to the UK Fusion I must add]:

IMG_3567_zpsb68d6816.jpg

Latest gen Ford Fusion (US), (our next Mondeo - albeit minus the aftermarket protection bars on the front lol):

IMG_3576_zpsebdc6e53.jpg

Ford Taurus:

IMG_3623_zps70f25806.jpg

another Taurus:

IMG_3571_zpsf0c5e613.jpg

Older generation Ford Escape, (their current Escape is our latest Kuga):IMG_3593_zps9b913b2d.jpg

Ford Crown Victoria & Ford Transit Connect:

IMG_3594_zps82ca800f.jpg

Ford Flex (front):

IMG_3657_zps27e6fe1c.jpg

Ford Flex (rear): IMG_3656_zps206fad87.jpg

Ford F550 Super Duty pickup/cab with bus body:

IMG_3700_zpsd45b7967.jpg

Ford C-Max:

IMG_3833_zps604fafc9.jpg

Ford Mustang:

IMG_3662_zpse2c387ae.jpg

I also saw a "2014" (facelift) fiesta hatch, a 2011 (non facelift) fiesta sedan/saloon, a couple of 2013 focus hatches and several 2013 focus sedans - which I unfortunatly didn't get pics of.

Paul :)

I was in NYC this summer and a taxi I had from the airport to my hotel was an older escape. The combination of the suspension being so wallowy and my driver who used slip roads to overtake standing traffic and dive back in made me... Nauseated. My redeye flight and no sleep probably didn't help either.

I was in NYC this summer and a taxi I had from the airport to my hotel was an older escape. The combination of the suspension being so wallowy and my driver who used slip roads to overtake standing traffic and dive back in made me... Nauseated. My redeye flight and no sleep probably didn't help either.

lol The 3 cabs I went in while there - 1 was a ford crown vic (which I was pleased just so I could say I'd been in one), and the other 2 were new toyota camary hybrids. One of the camary's had a problem as when standing still it was idling rough on the gas engine rather than sitting peacefully on the electric motor - and I noticed the screen was showing an error about the hybrid system. I was quite impressed with the working camry though. I reckon they should replace europes avensis with it. A) we used to get the camry here. B) They could always just call it the 'avenesis' for familiarity.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing the Ford Edge and Ford Mustang go on sale here now, after seeing so many in New York. It'll be something different and intersting to see on our British roads.

Oh I agree on replacing the Avensis with a hybrid Camry, much cleaner and hybrid taxis in large cities also!

The new Mondeo looks amazing, that grille is so pretty! Not a fan of the rear though...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Ford OC mobile app

The new Mondeo looks amazing, that grille is so pretty! Not a fan of the rear though...

Yup their new fusion/our new mondeo is a looker. Looks a little Aston Martin-like at the front and like a Jag XF around the back...

Fusion-top.jpg

hybridfusion.jpg

saw these Fusions/Mondeo's earlier this year in Canada and they look really smart!

Dont look as oversized as i thought they did in the pics, and changed my mind about them when i saw one sat on the same 18"'s as my previous Focus :)

post-18560-0-50383300-1383772405_thumb.j

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club