Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Does Start/stop Work?

alans220

I really like the idea of Stop Start, its clever (it thinks when it should be doing it or not), its efficient (saves the ozone layer whilst I am stopping at red lights like I am driving through america) and best of all, you can turn it off when you want to!

I would love it on my car, but its a shame that it only seems to be diesels that get SNG (across any brand!)? unless I am mistaken?

• 4 years later...

Hi 

I have focus 1.0 ecoboost 2012 I bought the car November 2015 with 17,250 miles on clock and now I'm sitting at 21,000 odds and my start stop has only worked a handful of times ive had it Into ford and all they only charged my batt and told me is working fine when I got it back it took 4.5 days to wrk for me and only worked twice on that day and then only worked once weeks later what could be my issue  

When the car stops are you having a lot of trouble starting it again? Cars that are fitted with that require a lot of battery power

I've also got a 1.0 Ecoboost with 18K on and in the 6 months I've owned it it's only worked a couple of times. Knowing all the conditions under which it won't work I'm not too surprised. With a four-year-old battery I'm guessing that's the main reason but I'm not particularly bothered and I certainly won't be replacing the battery just in the hope of getting it to work more often.

I think stop/start is just a con to improve the vehicles emissions figures for homologation purposes.  In real life you end up paying more for special batteries and worn out starter motors over time.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club