Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest Mod - 42 Smd Led #plate Lights

AJ_sXe

I'm sure I read that LEDs are not technically legal because they're not "e" marked. They cannot be "e" marked because "e" marking means the replacement bulb is of an equivalent standard as the original halogen. And as you can't compare LED to halogen no LED will ever get an "e" mark? Or maybe I'm wrong..

If Stoney says it's ok that's good enough for me :P

I'm sure I read that LEDs are not technically legal because they're not "e" marked. They cannot be "e" marked because "e" marking means the replacement bulb is of an equivalent standard as the original halogen. And as you can't compare LED to halogen no LED will ever get an "e" mark? Or maybe I'm wrong..

If Stoney says it's ok that's good enough for me :P

My DRL's are made my Ring and the have an E mark stamp

so have my Cree Q5 led reverse and fog units. but led's cant be legally used for front high or low beam bulb fitments because leds have no focus to their light they are 100% light everywhere and cant be focused to a direct point in the distance like a halogen or HID light can.

How hard are these to fit?

How hard are these to fit?

Use iNath's images to get the unit removed:

Use an allan key to push the clip in and pull it out

imag0232w.jpgimag0231f.jpg

then the bulb just unscrews from the left hand side and the new one screws in seeemples *squeak*

Themk2 plate lights are held in by two screws, mk2.5 has a clip.

For a mk2 focus you need festoon bulbs.

Look at this on eBay:

Number License Plate LED Xenon White Festoon Light No Canbus Error Warning Bulbs

http://bit.ly/MKqkVX

very good wisdom from stoney once again thanks mate.

ive had a list of all the bulbs i need to replace on mine. but i shell buy once ive got back from holiday :D

Also to everyone else, LED plate lights are legal as long as they're not pointing directly backwards.

For a mk2 focus you need festoon bulbs.

Look at this on eBay:

Number License Plate LED Xenon White Festoon Light No Canbus Error Warning Bulbs

http://bit.ly/MKqkVX

Also to everyone else, LED plate lights are legal as long as they're not pointing directly backwards.

very good wisdom from stoney once again thanks mate.

ive had a list of all the bulbs i need to replace on mine. but i Shell buy once ive got back from holiday

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club