Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet Lip Trim

Blueclarkey

Hi all,

My Bday coming up and the Mrs gas said she will buy me something for my motor..........i am after changing the bonnet lip trim on my focus from silver to black or carbon fibre (although im not very handy with a spray can so cant sprsy it myself)

I have found these on the net, can someone advise me which is the best option and if this is a wise way of spending the money....

http://www.teamtorqu...p-moulding.html

http://www.teamtorqu...bonnet-lip.html

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item41600f9e87

You've more money than sense if you're seriously considering either of those last 2 links. I'd still splutter at the cost of the first link, but I am a tight arsed northern oik ;-)

• Haha 1

Mate save yourself a shed load of money and wrap it yourself.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c630d1f88

8quid for a massive roll. It's relatively easy to do.

The third you linked is just carbon wrapped exactly the same and doesn't at all justify the 100quid price on it.

The second one you linked has just been hydro dipped. it looks better but it's still a relatively cheap process to do.

There are companies on eBay that you can send your parts to, they will hydro dip it and post it back to you.

For example, I was quoted under 200quid to carbon dip my head unit surround, gear leaver surround, demister switch surround, garage door and steering wheel inserts. I think they said they would dip all that for around 165quid.

So still less than 200quid just for a dipped bonnet lip.

Still though I reckon you should just give wrapping your bonnet lip yourself ago. Plenty of fellow members have done it.

• Like 1

Brigante (Charlie) beat me to it, exactly what he said, save yourself the cash and buy something else.

Brigante (Charlie) beat me to it, exactly what he said, save yourself the cash and buy something else.

Brigante strikes again :lol:

On an after note mate, just looked at the first link you posted again. The lip in the photo is not what you would receive, it says the one in the photo has been sprayed in panther black, but what you would actually be buying, is an unpainted, primed only lip. Which you would then have to go and get sprayed anyway.

So basically no point to it at all when you've already got your own lip that can be painted.

So still your best option is buy an 8quid roll of carbon wrap and wrap it yourself. There is a guide on the forums for removing the lip then its just a case of warming the wrap with a hairdryer and wrapping your lip then refitting it.

Or you could send it off to a company to be hydrodipped, probably for around the 30quid mark.

I will have a spare chrome one at the end of the month if anyone is interested to take it for any purpose.

Off a 2010 mk2.5 as I bought a primed one off dealers on eBay for 10pounds cheaper than teamtorquesteere

Image2293-1.jpg

I will have a spare chrome one at the end of the month if anyone is interested to take it for any purpose.

Off a 2010 mk2.5 as I bought a primed one off dealers on ebay.

Image2293-1.jpg

Ill take it off ur hands, how much did you pay for a prined one of eBay, what are you looking to do spray it same colour as car

Ill take it off ur hands, how much did you pay for a prined one of ebay, what are you looking to do spray it same colour as car

Cool.

I'll send it to you for 10 pounds to cover postage.

PM me your address and I'll send you my paypal address, when I get it removed in one piece in the coming weeks

Ive left the primed one in body shop to be colour coded along with some other pieces.

I bought it from valeautospares through eBay for 27 pounds they are a registerd ford dealership.

• 5 years later...
On 10/30/2012 at 4:46 PM, Lenny said:

Off a 2010 mk2.5 as I bought a primed one off dealers on ebay for 10pounds cheaper than teamtorquesteere

Do you know please were can I get one too? Can't find on fleaBay. Cheers

• Like 1

Did you realise this thread is over 5 years old?!

@Lenny is still about on here but might not be able to point you to the same eBay seller.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 7:17 PM, Sss said:

Do you know please were can I get one too? Can't find on fleaBay. Cheers

Hi,

The bonnet lip is a Genuine Ford part from the focus ST, there available at your local dealer think I paid 38 pounds at the time but prices fluctuate and increase if the item becomes a high seller. 

The Ford part number is: 1549578 

If your local ford isint really local then you could also contact fordpartsuk.com 

https://www.fordpartsuk.com/upper-front-bumper-grille-moulding

It's a straight swap but will need to be either wrapped or painted before fitting.

Image2293-1.thumb.jpg.22d40dea52ee39a0ae5a3dc8bd06ada8.jpg

A hair dryer will help to remove the existing plastic chrome effect one but they usually break when removing here's mine 

IMG_20121123_093844.thumb.jpg.f50490d2e91d21ef5434081bfa821e55.jpg

And here's the focus with the colour coded bonnet lip and the grills painted gloss black.

IMG_20130405_093204_zps873e2a0d.thumb.jpg.82887d6d285c5f25dfa2aaf016be46f3.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi all, new to the forum as I am in new of some advice that fords won't give me. My wife's ford had the bonnet lip stolen and I have acquired a new one but it doesn't clip in properly as I think the retaining clips are damaged. Fords said that of I buy the bonnet lip from them for £41 + vat then it will come with new retaining clips.

Does anyone know where I can buy them please 

Welcome to the forum!

I got a cheap copy off eBay and used sikaflex to bond it on as the shape was slightly off so kept popping off on ine side

• Like 1