Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Halfrauds

Brigante

The only time I would let an Halfords employee within 20 yards of my car, is with a sponge and bucket. And even then I probably wouldn't!

Don't, the sponge will be full of grit and they'll scratch your car to pieces

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

I am a stickler about that sort of thing, probably one of my downsides that I don't see it as a joke, I just hope I have a few redeeming features that combat it :P

I only admitted it as I'm on my way out, counting down the shifts haha!

no way on this earth it should have taken 45minutes. you need to come north of the border, get some proper customer service ;)

even someone mentioned a few cars in this thread that needed bumpers removed to fit the bulbs etc. I have yet to come across a bulb that has needed a bumper taken off to get the bulb changed (bar a fog light) but then I have years and years experience of doing it on a daily basis and I know some garages like to tell you they had to take the bumper off to change a bulb to help justify the ridiculous prices.

Id only go north of the border for the accent id get ripped off in sterling!!!!

their spares prices are a rip off, always have been, but good luck to them, not like the buyers dont have any other options, doubt you'll find any halfords in the middle of nowhere and the only parts supplier for miles around.

if i paid £3 for a standard headlight bulb, i'd take my buisness elsewhere ;)

where else will you find said bulb on a sunday, or a sat evening etc etc

The only time I would let an Halfords employee within 20 yards of my car, is with a sponge and bucket. And even then I probably wouldn't!

A bulb can be fixed easier than paint work, your a brave man

Don't, the sponge will be full of grit and they'll scratch your car to pieces

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

do Halfords stores in england offer a car washing service?

Id only go north of the border for the accent id get ripped off in sterling!!!!

surely it would be cheaper in sterling? since its an english company they would have the prices higher in the south to cover exchange rates etc.

I didn't think the northern accent was popular in south really, tyrone accent here if that makes a difference :lol:

"

where else will you find said bulb on a sunday, or a sat evening etc etc "

where i am based i can give you 3 big local suppliers, 2 of which are open till 10pm, 7 days a week..all of which are cheaper and carry a far greater stock in everything car related...and thats without thinking about it, could probably add a good few more that are open similar or more hours than Halfords..

plus your dismissing the fact they sell bulbs in 'normal' opening hours, very much doubt they reduce the price in those times ;)

A bulb can be fixed easier than paint work, your a brave man

Erm... it was just quicker to type than reeling off a list of paintwork-friendly cleaning products, which would have been more bother than it was worth.

I went into my local shop today for some screen wash, was about to buy a 5 litre readymix bottle for 3.49 which i thought was quite expensive! but then one of the staff said you can get 10 litres concentrate for 4.99. so obviously i went for that option and thought it was cheap! so as it turns out some staff can be helpful in there

I no doubt they are friendly, my nan was friendly but I wouldn't go to her for car repairs.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I no doubt they are friendly, my nan was friendly but I wouldn't go to her for car repairs.

:p