Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Illuminated Ignition Barrel

Focuz

Lol I know I shouldn't even be asking for help on this one but I bought one about 6months ago, only just decided to fit it, and realised that when connected up the ignition ring doesnt light..

Any ideas why the ring doesn't illuminate? I connected the plugs as they should, the dome light lights up but not the ignition ring..? Really annoying because if its broken i'll have to buy a new one from hong kong and wait ages for delivery :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Check that the connectors behind the light are correct and the right polarity.

• Like 1

Yeah im pretty sure the connectors behind the dome light are right because it illuminates, its just the ring doesn't when everythings connected >_>

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Yeah im pretty sure the connectors behind the dome light are right because it illuminates, its just the ring doesn't when everythings connected >_>Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

If you have active foot well lighting in your focus,

You can splice the ignition ring to the foot well lighting for the same results,

Its worth a try encase its the plug/socket loom that's at fault and not the LED's

Splice blue on the ignition ring loom to orange on the foot well light loom

And

Splice black to black on the foot well lighting loom.

Worth a try before purchasing another one mate.

• Like 1

Hi Lenny!

I've already looked at the footwells, and unfortunately I don't have the wiring or the bulb holders :(

One reason I decided to buy this ignition ring was so that I could splice footwell lights into that instead of the dome light.. I'll have a good look over the connectors and everything and if it all looks fine but still doesn't work i'll just buy another one.

Thank you both though because your guides have come in very helpful! ;)

• Like 2

If you have active foot well lighting in your focus,

You can splice the ignition ring to the foot well lighting for the same results,

Its worth a try encase its the plug/socket loom that's at fault and not the LED's

Splice blue on the ignition ring loom to orange on the foot well light loom

And

Splice black to black on the foot well lighting loom.

Worth a try before purchasing another one mate.

I've just recently found my footwell lights (hVe to admit I wasn't looking very hard when I first looked lol) and I'm well happy with the results. Show up the aluminium pedals brilliantly. I was going to post about splicing to them for an ignition barrel so you must have read my mind haha. Thanks for the reply to this thread.

• Like 1

I'm so jealous.. wish I had the wiring already there lol, ah well I like doing this sort of thing anyway.

And yes I do read minds! ;)

• Like 1

The wiring inside these ignition lights are very not the best , they are just LED's soldered together in series , you might have to pull it apart and see that noe of the Led soldering has broken , on the same not if all of the connections are good then you will have a failed Led , and as it's wired in series , if one fail's it will stop the rest from working , it would not be a hard job to replace the led's if you have a soldering iron. You will need a 12v supply to test each Led.

• Like 2

I've just recently found my footwell lights (hVe to admit I wasn't looking very hard when I first looked lol) and I'm well happy with the results. Show up the aluminium pedals brilliantly. I was going to post about splicing to them for an ignition barrel so you must have read my mind haha. Thanks for the reply to this thread.

No prob :lol:

I've spliced mine to the foot well lighting loom,

I've also fitted rear foot well lighting and rear bird bath illumination,

Click on my aviator image to be brought to my profile where you will see my list of guides

• Like 2

I find that there is an easy way to test electrics. go down to your local 99p store and buy yourself a 1 - 4 12v extension. Cut the extension off, and then use the raw wires as the positive and negative.

For example, I did this on an old 12v extension, and I took the positive and wrapped it around my positive wire of my footwell, and then did the same with the negative. I then plugged the 12v in and switched it on and it lit everything like a christmas tree, so I saw that my wiring worked! :D

• Like 1

The wiring inside these ignition lights are very not the best , they are just LED's soldered together in series , you might have to pull it apart and see that noe of the Led soldering has broken , on the same not if all of the connections are good then you will have a failed Led , and as it's wired in series , if one fail's it will stop the rest from working , it would not be a hard job to replace the led's if you have a soldering iron. You will need a 12v supply to test each Led.

My ignition ring is all exposed as it is, so there's nothing to pull apart lol, I did look at the soldering and it didn't look great to be honest! :/

No prob :lol:

I've spliced mine to the foot well lighting loom,

I've also fitted rear foot well lighting and rear bird bath illumination,

Click on my aviator image to be brought to my profile where you will see my list of guides

I am planning on fitting rear footwell lighting too, I have all the parts I need, I bought 2x 30cm 5050 smd led strips so they should be nice and bright blue :)

I have to admit I love the birdbath illumination you have, i'm sure i'll be using alot of your guides lol

• Like 1

Which eBay seller did you buy it from? As the first ring I bought was just plain awful and I ended it throwing it against the wall. This was from one seller in China.

Then I bought this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/05-11-Ford-FOCUS-Custom-Mod-Illuminating-LED-Ignition-Barrel-TRIM-BLUE-FREEPOST-/321224970098?

And voila, much better build quality and worked straight away.

I bought it from Watchage222, they have pretty good feedback and have sold lots, so don't know why mine is faulty :/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ILLUMINATING-MOD-LED-IGNITION-BARREL-RING-BLUE-ILLUMINATED-LIGHT-/330700362369?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cff471281

Think i'll buy the one you linked then, I just wish there was a seller in the UK because I don't wanna have to wait weeks for delivery.

• Like 1

I bought from that exact same seller initially. Its nothing you are doing wrong, its the cheap way this ring is made. Trust me buy from the seller I linked you will see the difference in quality. Plus delivery is faster, only took 9 days to come from china as opposed to nearly a month when i ordered from Watchage222.

jooceloosener the way to go :)

• Like 1

I bought mine from watchage, the first one arrived and one LED went out, the second one I havent even installed it, two of the LED's work fine and it illuminates fine, so I currently have it sat in the boot in case I get bored one day lol.

Come to mention it though, the second one they sent me was a much better build quality! perhaps they have both a decent and a not so one!

• Like 1

I bought from that exact same seller initially. Its nothing you are doing wrong, its the cheap way this ring is made. Trust me buy from the seller I linked you will see the difference in quality. Plus delivery is faster, only took 9 days to come from china as opposed to nearly a month when i ordered from Watchage222

Lol okay i'll buy from them instead, cheers for the link mate.

I bought mine from watchage, the first one arrived and one LED went out, the second one I havent even installed it, two of the LED's work fine and it illuminates fine, so I currently have it sat in the boot in case I get bored one day lol.

Come to mention it though, the second one they sent me was a much better build quality! perhaps they have both a decent and a not so one!

I probably got sent a crappy one then by the sounds of it haha.. maybe it was a bad batch

• Like 1

I find that there is an easy way to test electrics. go down to your local 99p store and buy yourself a 1 - 4 12v extension. Cut the extension off, and then use the raw wires as the positive and negative.

For example, I did this on an old 12v extension, and I took the positive and wrapped it around my positive wire of my footwell, and then did the same with the negative. I then plugged the 12v in and switched it on and it lit everything like a christmas tree, so I saw that my wiring worked! :D

Just saw this! Genious idea James.. :D

• Like 1

Thanks :) it is a simple thing. Just be careful not to short it out, as I did that, but I did buy a shed load of glass fuses that should last me the rest of my life. So if you do this, cut the wires one higher than the other so that they are not really likely to meet, and short out.

• Like 1

Yeah I did wonder about shorting it out lol, must be pretty easy to do with two bare wires..

This would probably do.. if I cut off the end peice?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-VOLT-CAR-CIGAR-LIGHTER-SOCKET-POWER-DC-EXTENSION-LEAD-CABLE-2M-/200970494126?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item2ecac660ae

yup should do nicely, however, take a wander to your local 99p store or poundland, for a third of the price and the same item, you can save yourself a couple of quid.

• Like 1

This is how it looks with everything plugged in still doesn't work, i'll just buy a new one..

I bought a DC adapter from poundland lol, I've already used it to test some other lighting

Yeah I thought so, shame the ring doesn't illuminate.. got another one on the way now anyway :)

• Like 1

bought? or did you reply and tell them it doesnt work?

I found a problem with mine, which meant that the connection it takes off the plastic plugs wasnt working. So I had to short out the two blue wires in order to share the current. Worked a treat :)