Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Thule roof bars/fitting : does the car have holes on the underside where the doors close?

HOMERJH

Quick question. I have some roof bars (thule) for my mondeo for camping and the like.

They arrived today and the clamp on the lower part appears to have a single stud which i assume will line up with a pre-existing hole in the bodywork/door area.

So can someone confirm (and show a pic if so?) that the car does have holes so the lower part of the clamp will fit in and stay solid.

I dont have the car, but got the bars as i will pretty much need them from day 1!

cheers all

i presume that the mk4 is the same as the mk3 and has the roof bar holes under a thin plastic strip on the roof under which there is a single threaded hole for the bolt. the first time you fit the bars the noles might be filled up with some kind of sylicone that you have to push the fitting bolts into. often used bar on my mondy and never had a problem with the single bolt fitting being secure.

The Mk4 doesnt have the integral fitting in the roof, i assume not anyhow as i checked a large number of different places (for prices and kit comparison) and they all had the same style.

this is a pic of the thule kit i bought http://www.whyyoulittle.co.uk/mondeo/rack.jpg an as you can see has a small stud.

http://www.skidrive.co.uk/bars/selector3.php?idx=398

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club