Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Correct Kerbweight for Mondeo

George&Ade

Hi.Im trying to find out the correct kerbweight for my June 2006 Mondeo 5 door hatch 2.2 tdci.

Thinking of changing our caravan and want to work out the percentages Car-Caravan.

Also,can i purchase heavy duty rear springs for my vehicle?

Many thanks.

Hi.Im trying to find out the correct kerbweight for my June 2006 Mondeo 5 door hatch 2.2 tdci.

Thinking of changing our caravan and want to work out the percentages Car-Caravan.

Many thanks.

All you need to do is look on the plate thats on your drivers door support take the two highest weights and subtract one from the other. what your left with is the legal weight your car can tow. all this 85% rubbish is a caravan club reccomendation the thing the police will look for if they stop you is this plate. hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks.

Many thanks.

I think that the only reliable place to get the kerbweight is from the vehicle registration document. I can't find this in my handbook and as far as I know it isn't on the VIN plate either. The difference in the two numbers on the VIN plate is the manufacturer's maximum technical permissible towed mass. This is the maximum weight that the vehicle can pull as assessed by Ford. This is NOT the LEGAL limit, and it is significantly above it.

As I understand it, the vehicle's kerb weight MUST be greater than the maximum technical permissible laden mass of the trailer.

For my '08 Mondeo Titanium 2.0 TDCi the kerb weight is shown as 1557 kg. However, the maximum towed weight is 1800 kg. So a trailer with a MTPLM of 1700 kg would be illegal !

However, I'd like to know if the weight of the tow bar can be included in the kerbside weight. After all, its now a permanent part of the car. Does anyone know about this ?

Hope this clarifys things.

I think that the only reliable place to get the kerbweight is from the vehicle registration document. I can't find this in my handbook and as far as I know it isn't on the VIN plate either. The difference in the two numbers on the VIN plate is the manufacturer's maximum technical permissible towed mass. This is the maximum weight that the vehicle can pull as assessed by Ford. This is NOT the LEGAL limit, and it is significantly above it.

As I understand it, the vehicle's kerb weight MUST be greater than the maximum technical permissible laden mass of the trailer.

For my '08 Mondeo Titanium 2.0 TDCi the kerb weight is shown as 1557 kg. However, the maximum towed weight is 1800 kg. So a trailer with a MTPLM of 1700 kg would be illegal !

However, I'd like to know if the weight of the tow bar can be included in the kerbside weight. After all, its now a permanent part of the car. Does anyone know about this ?

Hope this clarifys things.

I'm wrong ! The legal limit does appear to be 1800 kg. But not advisable according to the Caravan Clubs recommendations ...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club