Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Range - Red & Black Editions

D13 HPD 95

To be honest I agree with most people's impressions over the black edition..

I find this particularly exciting as it's around the time I'll probably be looking to order (or a little before)...

*scours the internet*

Both versions look ok to me,but the performance isn't impressive..... 140 bhp, lightweight car, but still needs 9 seconds to reach 62....that should've been around 8 or so mark,considering the power-to-weight ratio...

with bluefin you can reach the same

hp.. not like ford did something more than bluefin ecu remap. only think i got

jealous is that steering correction it says it got .. but not like i believe it at all.. it might be marketing after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

with bluefin you can reach the same

hp.. not like ford did something more than bluefin ecu remap. only think i got

jealous is that steering correction it says it got .. but not like i believe it at all.. it might be marketing after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I'm pretty sure it just gets what the ZS has normally in terms of steering, they just mention it as it's technically a different model I think.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ford OC mobile app

According to the review by autocar (http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/ford/fiesta/first-drives/ford-fiesta-red-and-black-editions-first-drive-review) it's the same as the regular Zetec S, except for the engine and the paint job.

As far as I know the suspension is stiffened on the regular Zetec S, and the steering wheel should already be heavier than the "regular" Fiesta.

The Sun had claimed this new 140PS version of the Ecoboost packs more power per litre than the Bugatti Veyron!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

The Sun had claimed this new 140PS version of the Ecoboost packs more power per litre than the Bugatti Veyron!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

It does! Veyron is 8 litre 987bhp

Anyone know what they've actually done to the engine? I have a 100ps remapped to close to 140ps and if ford are happy to release a production car with my engine with little changes to it other than software i'm pretty happy its safe at that level of power.

Anyone know what they've actually done to the engine? I have a 100ps remapped to close to 140ps and if ford are happy to release a production car with my engine with little changes to it other than software i'm pretty happy its safe at that level of power.

Yeah I read that all they have is updated Ecu map to add more power!! I'll try and find it out for you where I read it!! And where did you get your remap done?? Just because I've also got 100ps remapped to 140!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I'm running the bluefin map, which is pretty close to 140ps. I'll sleep a little more sound knowing that ford have basically just remapped the engine and its safe at that power!

• Like 1

Hmmm, do you guys reckon 140 would be too much for only my second car? I think my current car only has about 40-50 and not sure if such a huge power jump would be a good idea!

How much difference is there between the 125 and 140 (if you're remapped)?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ford OC mobile app

Don't forget that it has been said these have tighter ratios for improved acceleration, so even if you remapped a 125 to 140, it still has the longer gears.

I am surprised that the 0-60 isn't better though. A 15PS increase and shorter ratios, I would expect it to get in to the 8 secs easy.

Pretty sure the 100ps version mapped to 140ps should be safe, I've had my 125ps mapped by bluefin taking it just above 150ps, plus a few extra's pushing just about 160ps.

£16K for that? Esp the black one, looks like every other chav motor on the roads, like all the tools in Beemers and Corsas with Black/ Green/Red/White wheels, bumper inserts, dash inserts, mirror caps and any other piece they manage to pull out without breaking a clip.

I know what I can buy for just a few hundred more and will be worth more than £3k in 3 years time. that's has the same story as the Corsa LE written all over it, Ford are just being clever and copying what VX did, bit of kit to make it look good, exaggerated specs and a HUGE price tag coupled with huge depreciation. Wouldn't surprise me if they bring out a 0% finance deal over 5 years to " help buyers out"

£16K for that? Esp the black one, looks like every other chav motor on the roads, like all the tools in Beemers and Corsas with Black/ Green/Red/White wheels, bumper inserts, dash inserts, mirror caps and any other piece they manage to pull out without breaking a clip.

I know what I can buy for just a few hundred more and will be worth more than £3k in 3 years time. that's has the same story as the Corsa LE written all over it, Ford are just being clever and copying what VX did, bit of kit to make it look good, exaggerated specs and a HUGE price tag coupled with huge depreciation. Wouldn't surprise me if they bring out a 0% finance deal over 5 years to " help buyers out"

Lovely summary Matt, took the words right out of my mouth!

Seen the red edition at goodwood yesterday and it looks spot on

Fan of the engine, not of the styling.

Would rather tune a ZS.

Love them! I'd go for red though! ;)

Will that's just an Auto Express computer mock up they made and Ford have not decided if they will make an RS yet.

Oh, I thought they were as mini are bringing out a new cooper s works with the same bhp. So thought it would be a "rival" against it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club