Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpg's Focus Mk2 Titanium

kpg

Looks good! Did you buy them from FK? Did you replace the bulbs on the rings?

Yep, I bought these:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=200551050344

This is the link to the headlights I got:

http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/Lighting-Tuning/Headlight/Angel-Eye-headlight-Ford-Focus-Yr-05-black-RHD-LHD.html

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

Thanks for the links! Did you have a good experience with the ebay seller?

No problem. Yea was smooth transaction. They're based in Italy so it takes a couple days longer than usual but other than that, can't fault them.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

Brilliant! Thanks for your help. I'll look back through you're thread as I'm interested to see what you've done.

• Like 2

Actually, being the impatient child that I am, I pulled the nose of my car into the garage and installed the lights lol

Peeing with rain and wind blowing a storm I persevered and got them in.

They look class, very pleased:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1421265850.435826.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1421265861.570058.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1421265874.140368.jpg

The bulbs for the rings were a nightmare. Lots of swearing, my long narrow fingers didn't even help, took a layer of skin off to get the very corner ones changed.

I'll go and get them aligned tomorrow on my lunch.

One thing I noticed was the driver side light was a bit of a tight fit. Lots of fiddling to get right, sits about 1mm further than the passenger side one but only noticeable if you run your hand along the front of the light and wing. Can't see that affecting the beam pattern much but we'll see.

I'll get some daytime pics tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Headlights look awsome mate,

Well worth the struggle changing the bulbs too

• Like 1

Brilliant! Thanks for your help. I'll look back through you're thread as I'm interested to see what you've done.

Not a problem.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Headlights look awsome mate,

Well worth the struggle changing the bulbs too

Aye I'm impressed so far. Will get them aligned properly tomorrow and see from there.

Do I need to set the headlights at there lowest or highest level before alignment? Probably highest?

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

Aye I'm impressed so far. Will get them aligned properly tomorrow and see from there.

Do I need to set the headlights at there lowest or highest level before alignment? Probably highest?

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Highest mate set the alignment to 0 then align them manually,

This then gives you control to manually dip them lower in 5he event of carrying or towing a load you can manually dip them lower by selecting 0-4 on the alignment wheel.

Highest mate set the alignment to 0 then align them manually,

This then gives you control to manually dip them lower in 5he event of carrying or towing a load you can manually dip them lower by selecting 0-4 on the alignment wheel.

Thought so. Is there anything I can do with the alignment or should I just get a garage to do it?

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

Better to let a garage do it.

Using a proper beam setter gets everything spot on.

• Like 1

Yea. I'll get it sorted tomorrow, cheers.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

Thought so. Is there anything I can do with the alignment or should I just get a garage to do it?

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

+1 through going to garage for alignment i discoverd one of my bulbs was in upside down aswell,

Spring thing inside the bulb is supposed to be facing the ground

I decided to leave the alignment for now as my MOT is up at the end of Jan and I was going to leave the car in somewhere to get everything checked over anyway.

Main worry points for me would be headlight alignment and the wheel alignment as its moving off to the right a bit. Other than that I'm pretty sure the car will sail through.

The beam pattern at the minute isn't great as passenger side is near facing the ground. Might have a go at evening up the beams as best I can until I get to MOT, save blinding people on the road.

EDIT: Literally just off the phone to a local garage who'll do it tonight after work lol 5min job he said. Sorted.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 2

So I got my headlights aligned and all seems good. Looks like there's more light on the passenger side altogether, I know the lights are naturally angled away from oncoming traffic but just seems there's a bit too much light focused on the passenger side.

Not to worry I suppose, the guy had it on the machine and said all was good so must be ok.

I'm not sure I should chance the new headlights through the MOT. I suppose if I leave the car in for a pre MOT check the guys will sort everything out. Just means I have to change all the LED Bulbs back to normal ones which will be a pain to get at those rings again.

If I put the old ones back in they'll need aligned. Then I'll obviously want my new ones back in after the MOT, so because I have to change the motors over each time then the new ones will need aligned again.

Any thoughts? Or am I just thinking too much about it?

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

You'll be fine with the led bulbs.

Every LED bulb? I have them in the rings of the headlights and the rear license plate. Obviously I can't go in with the HIDs so I'll have to put the normal halogen back in.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Definitely change out the HID but the led's should be no problem at all.

• Like 1

Definitely change out the HID but the led's should be no problem at all.

Cheers Clive. Hoping my local MOT testers aren't having a bad day when I go out. Don't want them failing me on LEDs lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

If they're projector lights with HIDs then you might be okay, mine passed an mot without self levelling or washers :)

Better to be safe not sorry though

• Like 1

If they're projector lights with HIDs then you might be okay, mine passed an mot without self levelling or washers :)

Better to be safe not sorry though

Yea I was going to say about washers, I'll think I'll just play it safe and put the halogen bulbs back in.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 2

Cars booked in on Friday morning for Pre-MOT checkup. The guy said he'd sort out the rear camber for me too as I didn't get it sorted when the car was lowered. I have the Eibach bolts already so shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully it'll be sorted to a degree were I'll notice the difference but we'll see.

Also, really loving my new HU. Eonon get mixed reviews with their stuff but this is some piece of kit. Looks the business too:

post-41109-14216766456_thumb.jpgpost-41109-142167665606_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 3

Cars booked in on Friday morning for Pre-MOT checkup. The guy said he'd sort out the rear camber for me too as I didn't get it sorted when the car was lowered. I have the Eibach bolts already so shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully it'll be sorted to a degree were I'll notice the difference but we'll see.

Also, really loving my new HU. Eonon get mixed reviews with their stuff but this is some piece of kit. Looks the business too:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1421676645.202594.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1421676655.800577.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Looking very nice. I would be up for this unit now would miss Dab.& voice activated bluetooth thats factoryfitted .

Yunii

• Like 2

Thanks man.

I must get some updated pics up of how the car stands at the minute. It's been freezing cold so haven't had a chane to clean the car inside or out. Once I get a dry day that's mild enough to get washing I'll take some pics. I don't think I've done a 'how it stands today' post yet.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club