Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Flame 1.4 Build Log (Was Fiesta Mk6 5 Door Custom Sub)

GingerFlame

Well this has come a long way! Your plan for the climate control is VERY ambitious, I very briefly considered this on the focus until I saw how much work was involved.

What light fittings did you use in the boot or just new bulbs?

• Like 1

I'm still planning the climate control plan. I'm slowly piecing together a wiring diagram. One thing that will be problematic is the blower motor itself fitting in place.

In the boot I have a SMD 501 bulb in the original bulb holder

Underneath the boot latch I have a solid LED strip running the length.

I have 2 SMD COB DRL fixtures underneath the parcel shelf with waterproof connector to allow for easy removal of the parcel shelf :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So how's everybody else's winter going?

My car now Chugs whilst cornering which ive pinned to a CV joint or wheel bearing.. hopefully the latter as I already have parts that I ordered spare for the old car.. Buying the car with no service history is starting to come and bite me in the backside.

Preventative maintenance time soon I think.. full polybush, New cv joints at both sides, New wheel bearings on all 4 corners, cambelt & aux belt, New brake shoes on the rear, New handbrake cable, New exhaust (from old car). Two new tyres before long as well. Fancy the Pirelli Verdi p1 for £45 per corner fitted

On the upside, with my cracking driving yesterday, I managed to achieve 45mpg Rural/dual carriage way

And the girlfriend managed 48mpg.

There was 4.5mph difference between our top speed too.

Looks like the last full service has paid off fuel economy wise! Before it would only get 30-35mpg on the same journey!

• Like 2

My car now Chugs whilst cornering which ive pinned to a CV joint or wheel bearing.. hopefully the latter as I already have parts that I ordered spare for the old car..

On the upside, with my cracking driving yesterday, I managed to achieve 45mpg Rural/dual carriage way

And the girlfriend managed 48mpg.

There was 4.5mph difference between our top speed too.

Looks like the last full service has paid off fuel economy wise! Before it would only get 30-35mpg on the same journey!

In theory the MPG will improve when you get the wheel bearings or 80cc joint problem solved as there will be less rolling resistance.

My winter is going well, 🎄

Looking forward to Christmas day with three kids

aged 1, 6 & 8 🎅

and get my hands on the PlayStation from Santa 🎁

if I'm good 🙏.

were putting some baking flour on living room floor this chrismas eve,

No not having a ScarFace theme no 😂

were going to catch Santa's foot prints in the flour😉

last christmas was complete egg shells as my son was two months old in hospital quarantine with pneumonia and then contracted MRSA from the staff,

so this year thankful to all be 100% again and celebrating together.

not done anything to the focus since April;

well except for ford fitting cross drilled discs & EBC pads with Goodrich brake lines,

I had planned ST front and rear bumpers this year but had hip fracture in May which has only fully recovered in recent weeks and great to be back to normal again.

Vicki has gotten me in to modifying/improving things in the house, it's only fair I suppose since she's supported my desires with improving the focus aswell as producing and devoting life to our three kids

it's now her turn to express individuality 😣💶

So next year will be having fireplace eliminated and double doors to kitchen that are in living room removed in spring,

Replacing double doors with a tv on wall.

Plan to install a 2.5" plastic pipe inside wall from TV to a Radio cabinet in corner which will house sky box excetera

Pipe will carry cables to tv inside wall.

I'll get back to the focus next year to fit the custom oil catch tank guide:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/74245-guide-fitting-oil-catch-tank-16tdci-ford-focus-mk2-mk25/

Aswell as front and rear ST bumpers maybe intercooler and an amazon Fire stick to the headunit.

but that's about the limit for my focus project there's not much else worth doing, the modifications done have been great in improving the quality of life especially the rear screen keeps all three happy if stuck in traffic in these winter months when there's nothing to be saw out the window.

Guide: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/67763-guide-fitting-flip-down-roof-monitor-dvd-to-focus-mk2-mk25/

You did ask 😀

• Like 2

I'm still planning the climate control plan. I'm slowly piecing together a wiring diagram. One thing that will be problematic is the blower motor itself fitting in place.

In the boot I have a SMD 501 bulb in the original bulb holder

Underneath the boot latch I have a solid LED strip running the length.

I have 2 SMD COB DRL fixtures underneath the parcel shelf with waterproof connector to allow for easy removal of the parcel shelf :)

Yeah from what I've read for the focus you have to change pretty much all of the heating system, so will be interested to see how you get on with it. I decided that it wasn't worth it given the rate at which I get through cars.

Boot lighting is something I am going to look into as I've not yet had a Ford with a decent boot light.

Have you a link to the led strips you bought please?

• Like 2

Yeah from what I've read for the focus you have to change pretty much all of the heating system, so will be interested to see how you get on with it. I decided that it wasn't worth it given the rate at which I get through cars.

Boot lighting is something I am going to look into as I've not yet had a Ford with a decent boot light.

Have you a link to the led strips you bought please?

DRL's under parcel shelf eBay 401009491474

Waterproof connector eBay 151494255511

Solid aluminium LED strips eBay 281878131972

• Like 2

DRL's under parcel shelf eBay 401009491474

Waterproof connector eBay 151494255511

Solid aluminium LED strips eBay 281878131972

Thanks for that :) That's a really cheap mod at those prices!!

I'm thinking a slightly simpler set up than yours of just the drl's along the front of the boot (below the catch). Did you say they are just wired of the existing boot light wiring?

• Like 2

They are indeed wired into the existing boot light.

The adhesive won't hold for too long so I had to "stitch" them in place with some very very fine black thread. Get the other half involved if needs be

• Like 2

They are indeed wired into the existing boot light.

The adhesive won't hold for too long so I had to "stitch" them in place with some very very fine black thread. Get the other half involved if needs be

Haha I've got a load of number plate adhesive strips which I could use if needs be as mine will be stuck to the metal.

Oh and I see you've become a moderator whilst I've been away ;)

• Like 1

Haha I've got a load of number plate adhesive strips which I could use if needs be as mine will be stuck to the metal.

Oh and I see you've become a moderator whilst I've been away ;)

I tried alsorts but the heat just melts the adhesive :) & a supermoderator to be precise ;) haha

• Like 2

I tried alsorts but the heat just melts the adhesive :) & a supermoderator to be precise ;) haha

Oh fair enough. I can sense the gator glue coming out!!

I can't remember but when you installed the focals did you use the boom mats for behind the speaker like Lenny did?

• Like 1

Oh fair enough. I can sense the gator glue coming out!!

I can't remember but when you installed the focals did you use the boom mats for behind the speaker like Lenny did?

I did use the boom mats and they've saved my Speakers as well as improving the sound.

My window seals have failed and they've been allowing water into the back of the Speakers. the mats prevented the water coming into contact.

• Like 1

I did use the boom Mats and they've saved my speakers as well as improving the sound.

My window seals have failed and they've been allowing water into the back of the speakers. the mats prevented the water coming into contact.

Ah okay, that's my main reason for considering them as I'll be fitting JL's in the new year and don't want them getting wet. However I have read that whilst it improves the vocals, mid-bass is lost from the Speakers, have you not found this?

But I guess if I set it up properly I shouldn't need much bass from the front Speakers anyway.

• Like 1

Ah okay, that's my main reason for considering them as I'll be fitting JL's in the new year and don't want them getting wet. However I have read that whilst it improves the vocals, mid-bass is lost from the speakers, have you not found this?

But I guess if I set it up properly I shouldn't need much bass from the front speakers anyway.

Put it this way.. I often take the long way home to turn things up and admire. Haha

I've noticed no loss at any frequency, even using frequency analysis devices both professional & apps for your phone.

My sub gets anything below 90hz

Then Focals take anything from 63hz upwards so there's a nice overlap

• Like 2

Timing belt kit

Water pump

Drive belts

Ordered for £109 from Halfords on trade . Now I'm equipped with detailed instructions, I'll be attempting it over winter sometime. If I think I've gone wrong at all and I can't solve it then it'll go in my garage until I can afford to have somebody sort it.

I have all the tools required so I can't see anything going wrong

• Like 2

post-57403-145004539298_thumb.jpg

dashcam installed

Waiting for my fusetaps to arrive from china. 5 for £2

• Like 3

Erm.. I'd have to check. Bought it from another member for a secret mission. this mission still hasn't taken place so I shall say no more about it. I'll tell you all and show you the footage afterwards though ;)

• Like 2

Erm.. I'd have to check. Bought it from another member for a secret mission. this mission still hasn't taken place so I shall say no more about it. I'll tell you all and show you the footage afterwards though ;)

are you taking part in the new series of cheaters?

are you taking part in the new series of cheaters?

No comment ;)

• Like 1

It's begun! Got everything I could stripped & the water pump changed. There was so much play/slack I'm surprised it hasn't been leaking!

The coolant has clearly Been mixed in the past. It was even worse when I partially drained it and topped it up the other week.

All the rust you see will be treated before the engine bay goes back together.

The drive belts where screwed. Still soft but cracked like he'll. The AC hasn't been working recently. Looking at the pulley you can even see where the belt has slipped occasionally

Big thanks to Ian T for the help & advice over the forum! Saved me over £200.

Will finish off on Monday once the flywheel locking tool I forgot to order arrives :)

How many other 17 year olds can say they do their own cambelts ;)

post-57403-145054888007_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145054888654_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145054889395_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145054890132_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145054891008_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145054891897_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145054892625_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145054893575_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145054894462_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145054895116_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good, you can see now the cover off where the cam locking tool slots in, found the plug at back of engine for the crank locking tool?

• Like 2

I eventually found & checked the blanking plug! What a task! Haha

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club