Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Flame 1.4 Build Log (Was Fiesta Mk6 5 Door Custom Sub)

GingerFlame

My boot build excluding amp, Capacitor & sub may be for sale in the coming months. would anyone be interested? Ask around if you don't mind as I'll be needing it gone. The sub needs recarpetting but the boot floor is perfect

what's the plan for new boot layout go in to be like mate?

I'm not really sure at the minute.

I've possibly bought a mk1 Mazda mx5 1.8 as a project.. £200!!!

So I've now got to save money, as well as put some towards the fiesta to get it on air & rebuild the Mazda :)

I'll probably go for a half sunk tank, and the compressor and management hidden in the spare wheel.

The sub and amp will obviously be built into it somehow..

I'll probably wrap the whole thing in alcantara Or get it flocked :)

The tank is being wrapped using different shades of flat blues to create an urban camo look

• Like 3

So, the girlfriend currently has the car. she passed her test two days ago & I've been out with her since trying to get her used to the fiesta & petrol life after learning in a diesel Audi.

Shes been brilliant so far.. apart from taking 'the racing line" on a corner and kicking the back alloy off the curb.

I now have a two tone wheel with chunks out of it.

I'm working 36+ hours between now and Sunday so I won't have time to use the car. I've decided to let her use it till then.

I added her to my insurance policy as a named driver.

I got a £30~ refund as well as the £50~ admin fee paid for! My insurance has in total cost me £2065.44 this year -_-

I've purchased a compressor for the airride. It's a Viair 400C. Cost me £100 from an ex show car. Although I'm not allowed it till Christmas :(

I'm now on the hunt for management as I'm too lazy to use my solenoid valves & some bag over coils, and a set of cheap coilovers. I really don't care how cheap or uncomfortable they are. As I'm removing the springs front and rear. Any help is appreciated

• Like 2

So today I had the car back and its mine till my 86 hour week next week. I may as well live at work :(

When I bought this car I swapped the drivers door off of the old car as the new one was rusting. When I Did I couldn't be bothered to change the locks. I still have the other lock ready to fit but I haven't got round to it.

This meant I had to give the girlfriend the remote key from the other car to open the door and the spare key for the new one to start the engine.

Then I had a brainwave. Instead of her messing round with keys nearly my freshly polished paint.. why not just code the old key to the new car?

25 minutes later and I now have 2 remote keys coded to the car along with one "spare". Now just to get a new key blade cut and its job done! I may add a flip key as well in future. Should be a good selling point if I come to sell it

• Like 1

After a rather "heated" discussion with the girlfriend.. all my Air components are for sale & the only mods I'm carrying out on the car now are under £30

So. Who's willing to sell me an ST150 DONOR CAR for "under £30"??

I think we've both come to the conclusion that we need something more economical yet more powerful. *cough* ecoboost *cough* (she doesn't know yet. But it's what I'm saying now, is happening).

I don't know when.. and I don't know how.. but it's happening :)

She made sure to mention that I'm not lowering the new car because its "chavvy"

I haven't seen many chavs driving £15k zetec S.. not that they haven't stolen anyway..

I'm accepting donations towards the snail power (ecoboost) fund from now.. all efforts are appreciated ;) haha

I feel as though my thread hasn't really achieved anything recently. This is something I was aiming to change within the next month or two..

It's all for the best as I reckon it will lead to less arguments and a happy couple.

As for the new car, maybe a Focus Mk 2.5 1.6 Ecoboost? Practical, economical and with lots of potential for mods. Your sound system can be transferred easily. There are remaps available for that engine which turns it into a "warm" hatch according to Mountune

• Like 1

Im keeping the moutune card quiet ;) but it will happen.

It's all going to come down to finances when we want to change I think.. I can afford a finance agreement, but if that's the route I took I'd want to make the biggest deposit possible to lower the monthly bill

• Like 1

I mentioned cleaning up my mintex brake discs a few pages ago.

After work today, I headed up to the garage to find my Mintex pads ready to fit tomorrow.

I could only find the pads from own caliper :( meaning I must have left the others on the car! So angry with myself.

Just ordered another set of pads for £20 :)

The brake squeel is becoming unbearable. The current discs are pretty much dangerous they've become so thin. I've cut down use on the car except for essential trips to prolong them till the new pads arrive.

I'm working 85 hours next week for a musical so it will probably be a week on Monday they get fitted. I'll be fitting the front braided hoses I bought aaaages ago too. (Already fitted the rear) as well as taking a flatdisc to the calipers and painting them canary yellow & flushing out the whole system

• 2 weeks later...

The job is done!

Washed the car at 10pm Sunday night after finishing the mental week!

I spent 6 hours with a friend today, stripping down the front brakes to simple components. Then ground the rust away with an angle grinder and a Wire wool disc.

Then came the zinc primer, followed by Canary Yellow paint.

Annoyingly the paint took 4 times longer than the "25 minutes to dry, and I got bored so we refitted whilst the paint was tacky. Hence the finished product looks rubbish.

Now I've got a good base to build on, I'll find a night to get it in the garage, mask everything off and Give it another few coats in situe.

Corroded bleed valves took over 30 minutes to undo, corroded caliper mounting bolts took about the same, eventually removed by some nasty looking bolt removal sockets ;) . Luckily Ford is only 5 minutes away so I decided to replace those

The New Mintex pads & New used mintex discs were fitted, also fitted my braided hoses along with completely draining and refilling & bleeding the braking system. the fluid was jet black. I never knew the fiesta brakes could be so good.

I considered upgrading to some drilled and grooved discs but the ones I almost bought turned out to have bad reviews for cracking etc -_-

post-57403-144469005699_thumb.jpg

post-57403-144469006468_thumb.jpg

post-57403-144469009337_thumb.jpg

post-57403-144469010061_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Following some damage an idiot somewhere has caused on the rear quarter before driving off, I dropped the car off at the bodyshop today.

Whilst there I asked him his opinion on a run In the paint and he said it had been resprayed. He then oppened the door and pointed out where they had masked it up & made a mess. Also, after he pointed it out, I look at the area very closely and in certain angles you can see the difference in paint thickness, I didnt even have to get the paint depth gauge out it was that obvious.

Due to the previous bodge, he's either got to strip it back up the a nice line in the panel, or paint the whole quarter and strip along side the roof/above the doors. Luckily he's going to do it for the original agreed price

I'm also taking the opportunity to have two replacement front wings painted due to rust on the current ones :(

For two wings & the rear quarter it's costing me £180 :)

I get the car back on saturday although I'll be working till gone 10pm so won't see it till Sunday

• Like 2

I've also got a local company, who also do all the vinyl work for my business, printing me some vinyl overlay for the badges!

Should be with me this afternoon.. all though I have no car :(

post-57403-14455193022_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

What company make the badges mate? Gel badges have closed

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

What company make the badges mate? Gel badges have closed

They're only vinyl. Thinking about Doming them myself.

I can design you some in any colours/gradients/textures and have them printed locally to me. I can't see them being more than a couple of quid. I'm waiting for them to get back to me with a price :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

They're only vinyl. Thinking about Doming them myself.

I can design you some in any colours/gradients/textures and have them printed locally to me. I can't see them being more than a couple of quid. I'm waiting for them to get back to me with a price :)

Oh right do they just stick on over the top?

They do indeed :)

• Like 1

They do indeed :)

Could you get me some made up when you know how much they cost and if they are any good?

• Like 1

Could you get me some made up when you know how much they cost and if they are any good?

Course I can! I've got mine with me now. Tried an extra on old badge and they're perfect.

If you could measure your badges for me, then I'll get some designed! What design would you like? :)

• Like 1

I can't see them being anymore than a couple of quid..

Course I can! I've got mine with me now. Tried an extra on old badge and they're perfect.

If you could measure your badges for me, then I'll get some designed! What design would you like? :)

Cheers mate! Yeah I'll measure them later!

I'm looking for a black background and the ford logo in yellow?

Cheers mate! Yeah I'll measure them later!

I'm looking for a black background and the ford logo in yellow?

Mountune yellow? I'll do it when I get back from work tonight :)

• Like 1

Mountune yellow? I'll do it when I get back from work tonight :)

Yeah mate if you can do the mountune yellow

• Like 1

Have you measured your badges?

post-57403-0-81252600-1445640874_thumb.p

Just need to resize it

Ill have prices by wednesday. Ill also work out prices for Gel too once ive had a play. Will be much less than companies charge

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club