Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Flame 1.4 Build Log (Was Fiesta Mk6 5 Door Custom Sub)

GingerFlame

Soon there will be gingerflame posting up cambelt changing service in the Yorkshire area.lol with the tools you have you will be able to do 1.25,1.4.1.6.1.8.2.0 variants except variable cam

• Like 2

Haha, every little income helps

I could couple the cambelt change with an engine bay detail ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So, with a HUGE amount of help from Ian T the job Is done!

The main things that I got stuck on were

1.) Locking the flywheel to break off the crankshaft pulley bolt.

The flywheel locking tool I ordered was different to the one that arrives. the seller sent me one for a 1.8 diesel! So, after leaving the job for another night I managed to talk a garage into lending me their tool in exchange for MOT work on a family members car.

With the flywheel locked off the Bolt came free with an 18mm bolt and a breaker bar!

2.) Timing. Being a complete idiot in a bad mood due to 1.) I forgot to lock up the crankshaft prior to locking up the camshafts and removing the timing belt. Luckily Mr T came to the rescue and talked me through how to reset the timing!

Third and not last of all, the ******* stretch belts!. Aaaarrrgghhhhh. After around 30 minutes the accessory drive belt went on after a fight. the fight was overcome by slackening off the bolts of the water pump pulley even more to allow it to change angle. You also have to use the included tool to guide the belt closer over towards the alternator/engine block.

Now, the PAS belt. Well. 3 hours. THREE HOURS later & a ruined tool later, I got fed up and used a 1/2" extension bar to pry the belt over the pulley. I then used the remains of the tool to push the belt onto the correct place on the pulley. job done!!

I managed to reassemble the car and bleed the coolant using Deionised water (instead of the regular Tap water that left my coolant looking like the above picture^^).

So, the total costs came to £130. I was quoted between £270 - £350 for the work by a garage. So that's a saving of a minimum of £140! I have to say, I understand why garages charge so much for the work & it's not something I'd like to do again in a hurry. But, how many other 17 (just) year olds can say they did it themselves?!

Thanks for the help/advice Ian, you've a gift coming in the post

• Like 3

50/50 whilst polishing my piano!

Any excuse to crack out the Rupes 21!

post-57403-145127289047_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, the car has its MOT coming up on the 16th. I'm in London for my 18th on the 14th-17th.

Before its MOT it needs a panel repsraying again as it was sprayed the wrong shade of blue last time, and then;

New brake shoes; DONE

New brake springs etc; DONE

New handbrake cables; DONE

New exhaust backbox; DONE

Front wheel bearing;

New rear bump stops;

Today I fitted an ST handbrake lever that I bought last year off another forum member. Took 10 minutes after cutting space to get my sockets in!

Doing This also allowed me to completely back off the handbrake cable and adjust the rear drums automatically (after freeing up the adjusters by hand.

The car now stops ridiculously quick compared to before

I also checked the health of the rear wheel bearings and they're like new!

MOT booked in for 1PM today!

Hopefully she'll pass..

Prior to the MOT, I'm having two Pirelli Verdi P1 195/55 fitted! They're slightly thinner than the !95/65 I've got on at the minute.. but summer is round the corner so why not! Wooo!

• Like 1

MOT booked in for 1PM today!

Hopefully she'll pass..

Prior to the MOT, I'm having two Pirelli Verdi P1 195/55 fitted! They're slightly thinner than the !95/65 I've got on at the minute.. but summer is round the corner so why not! Wooo!

how did MOT go mate?

Failed MOT on

Rear NS handbrake not working

Rear NS wheel bearing excessive play

I've fixed both the problems and its being retested tomorrow afternoon :)

Then shes going off to have some paint done

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

30w LED available from my website!

post-57403-14526233109_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145262332109_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Car passed its retest! Took them less than 5 minutes and cost me £18 for a wheel bearing. The car has now been dropped off for paint with my spy dashcam set up! ;)

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

First things first. Why so long since the last update? Well. because the tapatalk app is a joke, the FOC app no longer works and the mobile site is Appaling.

Since my last update, ive

Installed my dashcam

Installed a 12v to 2x 5v USB adapter on a piggyback adapter from the rear wiper.

One USB goes up into the headliner for the dashcam.

The other goes to a usb port on the dashboard in the corner of the windscreen for satnavs etc to save cables everywhere.

I've also refurbished the remaining wheels & coated all 4 with a bottle of Fireball Korea Talon which was kindly donated from them with my name on! :D

I've also installed a Submarine light. The map lights are the same LEDs as my side lights.

I have also swapped to LED reverse lights which are much better than the Cree ones. I had them gifted by ecolightsolutions.

I have also had the rear quarter resprayed the correct colour although I need to machine polish it again & coat it.. again..

I'm collecting two freshly painted wings tomorrow which will be polished then coated with Gtechniq C1 & Exo V2 prior to installation.

I think that's what I've done so far.. I did have pictures but due to the delay in updating here I deleted them

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 3

I've just taken a booking for a 15 plate focus ST in Impact blue!

Full paint correction with Test nano Samples from Fireball Korea & wheels sealed with Fireball Talon. I have to admit.. the new colours Ford have gone with are amazing. Stealth is probably my favourite followed by Impact blue.. followed by, of course, tangerine scream (or its new equivelent)

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

6eb216f3f91bc87a6c4bc227fbdaccd2.jpgbcb228389f338bbc9ec1a0107cf863d4.jpge436e6a4e2c5ea6ae45f50cb01939fec.jpg9f7e3871c3a8f363bc0b2f090a0ed670.jpga4a6c14263df9724e33433ac09a8b708.jpg

• Like 5

Your train ticket is in the post.

Bring plenty of cloths. 😊😊😊

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Came up well didn't she! It's been a long 3 days to say the least! Hahaha!

• Like 2

Bed'n'board included 😀

And a pint or two? I'm in!

Also, he paid £23,000 for his car brand new from the factory, it has every single optional extra apart from a sunroof as he likes His structural integrity ;)

How's that for a bargain? :)

• Like 2

Always a pint waiting for you fella.

£23,000?, how did he wangle that? Was it an ST3?

• Like 3

Always a pint waiting for you fella.

£23,000?, how did he wangle that? Was it an ST3?

Sounds like a deal!

I believe its an ST3... Its a diesel awaiting a remap!

He went through a company similar to drivethedeal

I got inside to move it and was mind blown by the quality feel, comfort and just the features it has! I want one :(

• Like 2

With what you earn detailing you need some flash wheels to advertise the skills. 😎

• Like 2

With what you earn detailing you need some flash wheels to advertise the skills. 😎

I also need My insurance company to grow up and stop ripping me off :(

I'm considering a week before fordfair offering a deal to FOC members who fancy travelling

• Like 1

Awesome job man. That is one good looking ride. Still can't believe the price. That car in Ireland would cost a whole lot more! In comparison, a 2014 Ford Focus Petrol ST2 with 18k miles on the clock is €24,995. The 2015 Ford Focus RS 2.3L Ecoboost is €53,200!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Attempted theft of the fiesta tonight.. :( Luckily I deadlocked it earlier in the day, and the alarm went off.

They clearly knew the car would be where it was, and they knew when it would be there. They've been watching me for sure.

They've either tried to push it away or bounced it up and down to check for an alarm.

Either way. I was laid in bed with the better half, and all of a sudden I hear a car alarm. Thought it sounded familiar. Jumped out of bed and sure enough it was my car!

I sprinted down stairs and whilst unlocking the door I heard people running past the house. I stepped onto the path to see two middle aged blokes in hoodies with their hoods up & tracksuit bottoms on running looking back over their shoulder. I ran to the car and luckily there's no damage. Just the marks where they've pushed in the picture below. They've covered their hands to prevent finger prints so they're no stupid. worrying really.. going to invest in a couple of bits and Bob's.. so angry, yet shaken up!! Horrible feeling. I can't imagine how people feel when their pride and joy is actually taken from them. It's sad cause they'd probably have Just joyridden her to her death.. for no real reason. Scum

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club